Alf's Saturday Blast

All music posts here please.
talisman2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Alf's Saturday Blast

Unread post by talisman2 »

started with Dire Straits , then Scritti Polliti , Rickie Lee Jones , Tony Bennet & Bill Evans , Kate Bush , Diana Krall , Pink Floyd , Sade , Pete Levin mixture of albums and 12" singles :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Alf's Saturday Blast

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

And, what beverage, and what snacks, any company. Be nice to have a pic of your man cave in full swing.

talisman2

would gladly provide pics , but don't know how ?? and if the method of uploading is as much as a fart about as AOS , then i'm afraid i cannot be bothered .
as regards other topic Worthingtons Smoothflow (slipping down loverly) and Honey Roast Mixed Nuts !!!!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I find it dead easy and I am a complete computer numpty. I can tell you what I do. Take your pic, upload it from camera onto desktop on computer. Join or log in if member to tinypics. They give easy upload and give you loads of codes. You just copy the IMG code and paste it in the normal place to send post. Submit and your pic is here. You get options for size of pic at tinypics, I just go for the forum option, which is oversize for us so it makes it smaller but you can click on the image to make it larger. Here is example and I will time it.

That took 2 minutes.

talisman2

i'm afraid that is 1m 30s too long , when uploading pics to hififorsale.com etc one just clicks on a button and goes to where one has stored pic , simples (why can't forums do the same ?) i went on tinypics once and came off bloody quick as it was nowt but pop-up adverts . i'm afraid i will just have to do without pics of my system on any of the forums i'm a member of as i am not prepared to join any of these hosting sites like photobucket etc .
does anybody else feel the same as me about this subject ? or am i a lone wolf ?

wallace

Unread post by wallace »

You are not a lone wolf,there are two of us..... :doh:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

For some reason, the tools you need to upload pictures (and link YouTube videos) only appear after you click on the Preview button. So here's a quick guide.
  • Start a post
  • Click on Preview
  • Under the post, you will see two tabs - Options and Upload attachments. Click on Upload attachment
  • Click on Choose file to browse to the file you want on your PC and the Add the file to upload the file to HiFiSubjectivist. You can add a file comment which will appear as a title for the file
Uploading a File
Uploading a File
Upload1.png (9.85 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
  • Now you need to put your cursor where you want to place the file in your post and click on Place Inline
Adding to the post
Adding to the post
Upload1.png (7.4 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
Et voila. Not as easy as dragging and dropping a picture into a document but that's how this bulletin board software works.

A couple more points
  • There is no image manipulation software on this bulletin board other than a bit of software which resizes the picture in the post, so please, if you have high-res pictures, please reduce the file size. (To see the difference, have a look at pictures in Wikipedia)
  • And the observant and techy among you will see that I have two different images with the same filename in this post. Images are all stored separately
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

brit-pop

Unread post by brit-pop »

I have the photobucket app on my mobile phone, take picture, click upload in the app then copy and paste the url from photobucket to here.

It's simple.