Glastonbury 2015

All music posts here please.
brit-pop
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Glastonbury 2015

Unread post by brit-pop »

Any fellow mud monsters on here going this year?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Re: Glastonbury 2015

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Never been, my last mud fest was Bath http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_Festi ... sive_Music.

There was some bad acid doing the rounds, it took me two days to find my car :oops: (a pale blue Vauxhall HB Viva with clouds painted on it :oops: )

I decided that was enough for mud fests, though there were London Frees in Hyde Park and Hampstead / Highgate heath. Nearly went to the 1st I.O.W. but didn't.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Never really been on my list of must-do's. :eusa-snooty:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

brit-pop

Are you sure it wasn't good acid? :lol:

Nothing stronger than a decent Perry for me these days, still manage to have a great time though. :guiness;

brit-pop

zebbo wrote:Never really been on my list of must-do's. :eusa-snooty:
All the cliches are true, it's muddy, the beer is expensive, the toilets are smelly and most of the acts on the big stages I've never even heard of. However with over a hundred stages covering every form of entertainment you can imagine there is always plenty for me to enjoy.

Often times it's just me and the Mrs strolling around enjoying the various sights. Basically imagine Disneyland for grownups and you're getting close. We're both in our 40s now as are our friends and when we see the youngsters making the bad decisions and learning the lessons we learned the hard way it makes us feel glad to be who we are now.

It's more fun when you're not whacked out of your mind like we would have been in our 20s.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

brit-pop wrote:Are you sure it wasn't good acid? :lol:

Nothing stronger than a decent Perry for me these days, still manage to have a great time though. :guiness;
There was even a stage anouncement."hey man, we are told there is some heavy bad acid being sold, be cool, look after each other" :mrgreen: It turned out to be STP which hangs around in your system for days if not weeks not hours like LSD, as my *interesting* drive home once I found the car verified.

You really are nuts when you are young, one night on only half a tab of a particularly strong Purple Haze I decided to drive from Muswell Hill where my bedsit was to Hackney Station where there is (was) an all night stall for egg and bacon sarnies for the cabbys. Anyway I walked four time around my car trying to figure out how to get into it as someone had shrunk it, real Alice in Wonderland stuff :mrgreen: as I gave up I noticed a Panda car (Austin 1100 I think) parked opposite and a bit up the road with two fuzz sitting in it watching my antics. Anyway they left me alone so I went back in to listen to more Moody Blues and Led Zep.

brit-pop

Woah... I'd never even heard of STP.

Doesn't sound like nice stuff at all. The Moody Blues are playing this year and I'll be checking them out.

When I was younger I used to regularly go mushrooming in the early autumn, we'd fill bin bags full, dry them and keep on on hand for special occasions. They were always quite nice when taken socially with a good gang of pals.

Too self conscious and worried about losing it these days. It's always funny to come across a confused tripper though. I've sat with a few worried souls over the years and helped them have a safe landing.... Back in 2009 I fetched a round of tea for some lads who were seriously off their faces and crashing. They were grateful to the point that it was almost embarrassing.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Psilocybin mushrooms are mild like canabis. The real heavy mushroom that can kill if you don't know how to take it properly is Fly Agaric - 5 day trip :shock:

STP (named after the motor oil additive) was only around in the 60's and early 70's and got a rep for giving bad trips. I think it had amphetamine base so was more akin to the recent club drugs like Extacy than LSD, but a stronger different version.

BTW last joint was about 1980 and that was a rare one, really I was out of it when the hippy movement died and became something nasty in the mid 70's. Wouldn't touch it now and knowing what I know now if I went back I wouldn't take it, but I think this is normal for us oldies, but the young have to be young :guiness;

brit-pop

Quick bump for this thread as were now only a few weeks away... tickets have arrived, motor home hire paid for, treat myself to a comfier new pair of wellies and the booze stockpile is growing nicely. Any other mud monkeys on here give me a shout and the first perry is on me!

Line up looking a bit mixed this year though... weak I think when compared to other years but that's the festival taking risks I guess and not playing it safe for the benefit of the oldies.

For me, it looks as if ill be spending most of my time away from the big stages and enjoying the acoustic tent and Avalon tent more. Highlights there will be, The Moody Blues, Mavis Staples, Seth Lakeman, Idlewild, The Zombies and the Mrs is saying she wants to see Lulu and the Foo Fighters. I've been quite impressed with some of Paul Weller's new stuff so he might be worth a look too. Of course will drop by the leftfield for some right on chanting by Billy Bragg and Thea Glmour too. The Family Stone, George Clinton and the Mothership will probably bring the funk in good order too.

The rest of the time will just be walking around taking it all in... the Mrs and I love a walk around some of the late night areas as it reminds me of some kind of mad max style dystopia, a bit like living in a futuristic movie where the world has ended and all that remains are rave zombies. We usually just find a spot to sit, open a drink and watch all the action. Once upon a time I'd have been in there with the rest of them but even though I'm only 41 injuries to my back and knees mean I now struggle to dance til 5am in the morning but I can still enjoy the vibe from those who do!

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Providing theres loads of D,D, RR, and S.
Should be a real hoot.........Enjoy.

:obscene-drinkingbuddies: :obscene-smokingweed: :dance: :romance-caress: