More vinyl coverage in the press

All music posts here please.
Sandman
EUROPEAN_UNION

More vinyl coverage in the press

Unread post by Sandman »

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/j ... t-comeback

Ranges across pressing, equipment, vinyl vs digital, must admit never heard of Classic Album Sunday....it's not reached the North yet....though it seems its made Glasgow :grin:
Turntable Double platter Lenco GL75 re-plinthed / Hadcock GH242SE Copper / NVA SC cable Cartridges Decca London Blue & Gold Phono NVA Phono2 2x PSU CD Audiolab 6000CDT > Teac UD-H01 Streamer Bluesound Node2 > Teac UD-H01 Pre NVA P90SA Power (Tweeters) NVA A30 Power (Mid/Bass) NVA Forum LE mono Interconnects NVA SSP Speaker Cable (Tweeter) NVA LS5 Speaker Cable (Mid/Bass) NVA LS6 Speakers NVA Cube2 Mains NVA BMU

Daniel Quinn

Re: More vinyl coverage in the press

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It has made it to Preston , it is just never on a Sunday .

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

This is an excellent article and first class journalism unlike most of the 'Vinyl Revival' articles. I loved the quote from the East German engineer about facebook and twitter that they would be 'the wet dream of the Stasi'. It's a pity that it took East Germans to have the risk taking ability to buy up a load of UK based presses.

Classic Album Sundays always have a room at the National hi-fi show. Unfortunately nearly all their meets are in London. They are of more interest to me in terms of kit used as I have most of the vinyl played at home and on original pressings.

http://classicalbumsundays.com/
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

alfer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by alfer »

Is that what excellent journalism looks like? Realised I gave up reading papers years ago and haven't missed reading someones opinions littered with a few facts at all.

Thanks for posting it. Sorry saw it elsewhere and gave up. Vinyl is dying. Tell us something new
AtoZ

nickdbaker

Unread post by nickdbaker »

alfer wrote:Is that what excellent journalism looks like? Realised I gave up reading papers years ago and haven't missed reading someones opinions littered with a few facts at all.

Thanks for posting it. Sorry saw it elsewhere and gave up. Vinyl is dying. Tell us something new
Wrong side of bed this morning 8-)
Vinyl Setup - Garrard 401 with Redbeard Bearing - Twin Arm Dominic Harper Slate Plinth - Dominic Harper Modded SME 3012 - Dominic Harper DH1 Cart - Silk S/U Transformers

Digital Source - Mac Mini with Internal SSD and 1 TB HD running Win 8.1 - JRiver 20

Amp, Dac and Phono Stage - Devialet D400

Speakers - Magico S5

Controlled with iPad and iPhone

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Vinyl is still alive in some places.
Jumbo Records, Leeds, Tuesday 6 Jan 2014
Jumbo Records, Leeds, Tuesday 6 Jan 2014
WP_000113.jpg (566.03 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
and http://www.dominorecordco.com/

and http://www.kudosrecords.co.uk/

It may well be the last of the summer wine, but I'm enjoying it.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Of course it isn't the last of the summer wine! That would mean that it is on the wane, dwindling into non-existence and that's obviously not the case and probably never will be. No-one, with any sense, believes that vinyl is making a "comeback" but it is enjoying a rise in popularity at the moment as it's deemed to be pretty cool. THAT will wane, I'm sure, but that just means we will be left with the same hard-core of enthusiasts/suppliers feeding a market that had already pretty much reached it's base/niche level at which it will remain for the foreseeable. 8-)
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dingsking

Unread post by Dingsking »

zebbo wrote:Of course it isn't the last of the summer wine! That would mean that it is on the wane, dwindling into non-existence and that's obviously not the case and probably never will be. No-one, with any sense, believes that vinyl is making a "comeback" but it is enjoying a rise in popularity at the moment as it's deemed to be pretty cool. THAT will wane, I'm sure, but that just means we will be left with the same hard-core of enthusiasts/suppliers feeding a market that had already pretty much reached it's base/niche level at which it will remain for the foreseeable. 8-)
Yes, agree completely with you there.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

What's encouraging for me is the range of music now available on vinyl. It used to be mainly big bang vanity project or the reissue. There's a lot more fresh, new stuff as available now. I wrote this as I listen to that very Bonnie Prince Billy LP in the picture above.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro