All music posts here please.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Last Live Listen

Unread post by terrybooth » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 am

Missed them this time round. Saw them a while back (minus Hugh of course) and they were good. Seen Hugh solo a few times. He usually sticks in some of the 'old' (to him) stuff.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro two-up

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 am

The Rolling Stones put on a great show last night. Timeless classics from Street fighting man at the start until Satisfaction nearly two hours later. Jagger was as lively as he was the first time I saw them nearly thirty years ago. He had done his local research and had the audience in the palm of his hand. There will never be a front man like him and the rest of the band were really enjoying it. A lot of under 30s in the audience, some going ape. A great night and worth the money.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Toontrev

Unread post by Toontrev » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 am

My festival season has come to an end so it’s back to the usual venues until next year. Last night it was Jonathan Wilson at Gateshead’s Sage Hall 2. After a long summer stint in Roger Waters tour band, Jonathan's promoting his recent album Rare Bird’s with a short series of gigs in the UK. Blues, Country, West Coast Rock, Psychedelic, it’s all in there. Really got into this last night, thought the album was decent enough but it really shines when played live. They threw a few oldies in and also a superb cover of Bob Welch/Fleetwood Mac’s Angel. Thought I’d mention it as the band have a few UK gigs left before they are off in Europe. Well worth seeing.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:59 am

As a member of the modern music is terrible camp I braved the storm to see From the Jam last night. Bruce Foxton is the only original member and he was enjoying himself. A rousing finish with A town called Malice, Eton rifles and Going underground. Nice to go back to the days when good music could top the charts. :grin:
And northwest of Pegasus

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system

Out and about

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:47 am

Over three months with no one worth seeing coming to Cardiff and now two in consecutive nights. Was impressed by Europe supporting Deep Purple last year and had to see them playing a full set in a smaller venue. It was a good evening. No prizes for guessing the song they finished with. :grin:
And northwest of Pegasus

Second system

Out and about