Re: Unsung Heroes

Unread post by jammy395 »

Jimbob, Trent is indeed a 8-) dude.
Saw the film but never new he done the score.....!!!!!! :clap:

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Yeah he is a true talent. Trent and Atticus Ross also did the score for 'the girl with the dragon tattoo'. Its slightly abstract and mellow but still a super score!
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Neilardo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Neilardo »

Not too sure how Trent Reznor qualifies as an unsung hero? :?
However my favourite bit of his is "Natural Born Killers OST", which if you remember came out 6 or 8 months prior to the actual film (which was deemed to violent for a sensitive public to view :roll: ). If you're not familiar, it takes the music from the film, some bits of the dialogue and a few other tunes and mixes them up into something alot more intense, dark, and satisfying than the actual film turned out to be. Very cool and a record I still occasionally listen to.
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

For me he is an unsung hero because his music is always forward thinking and his live performances are epic. I saw NIN twice on their last tour and the music and visuals were mind blowing. Trent has also done alot in the distribution of music being one of the first to really challenge the rip off record labels by offering his music free to download before the shop release date. He also allowed fans to simply donate an amount of money for his music. Music shops have been ripping the public off for a long time and Trent has fought against it largely unknown by the general music buying public. Now i do not believe artists should just give all their music away as effort and money has gone into recording and marketing the music but record labels are lining thier pockets while we suffer. Just my reasons as to why i think he is an unsung hero...
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

And of course Trent Reznor wrote "Hurt" which spawned one of the greatest cover versions (by Johnny Cash) of anything for a long long time.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

slinger wrote:And of course Trent Reznor wrote "Hurt" which spawned one of the greatest cover versions (by Johnny Cash) of anything for a long long time.
I agree. Truly haunting song!

jammy395

Yoy want a true unsung hero ....?
Then look no further than..................

benny-hill.jpg
benny-hill.jpg (22.85 KiB) Viewed 3909 times

A true classic.........Ernie (The fastest milkman in the West)

:lol:

jammy395

IAN HUNTER - MOTT THE HOOPLE....................... 8-)