Cheers Sov,
Will be sure to check them out.
8-)

wallace
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Derrin Nauendorf

Unread post by wallace »

Had a good listen,i think,with out exception that they all had a misspent youth,with their mother saying,i don't know what he does up in his room all night!!
I knew a few like them when i was in some bands years ago.I asked eric clapton how he did those tight riffs and he said,easy you just practice seven hours a day.Just goes to show what you could do in your bedroom before some sod invented the interweb. :character-beavisbutthead:
Revox B795,,NVA PHONO 1,Teac PD-H500C,Squeezebox Touch,Bushmaster MKII,NVA AP70,LS5,Royd Minstrels i/c's SSC's. .
Sony Laptop,E-Dac, NVA AP10P, LS3,SSC,Royd Coniston R.Grado RS1

Sovereign

Unread post by Sovereign »

House gone to sleep so i have settled in for the night in my hifi room :D , looked up Derrin Nauendorf on Spotify and I'm really impressed, Thanks for the recommendation. There is not a lot of music that I really like but this guy is good. I wouldn't say he is the best acoustic guitarist technically, but I love the music that I have heard .

Sovereign

Ninanina wrote:
Get "Live at the Boardwalk" to hear his guitar work at its best.....
Hi Ninarnia
I listened to his latest abum on Spotify and was very impressed, I then moved to Live at the Broadwalk and the sound was very harsh and compressed, as I was comming from Spotify I went to iTunes and downloaded the original hoping an un compressed version vould be less toppy, it is better but still way too edgy to listen to more than a couple of songs.What are your experiences?

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Just discovered this guy - Jon Gomm. I'm sorely impressed.

http://jongomm.com/video
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Neilardo

Unread post by Neilardo »

Great thread, really enjoying all the suggestions so far, much further research required :D .
For me own tuppence,
http://youtu.be/i_W1XQaGRY0
Great guitarist, but also great tunes,great stories, great soul.
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Sovereign wrote:House gone to sleep so i have settled in for the night in my hifi room :D , looked up Derrin Nauendorf on Spotify and I'm really impressed, Thanks for the recommendation. There is not a lot of music that I really like but this guy is good. I wouldn't say he is the best acoustic guitarist technically, but I love the music that I have heard .
Yes I agree. I've only listened to some tracks on YouTube but very nice. Unfortunately nothing available on vinyl it would seem.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Sovereign

Neilardo wrote:Great thread, really enjoying all the suggestions so far, much further research required :D .
For me own tuppence,
http://youtu.be/i_W1XQaGRY0
Great guitarist, but also great tunes,great stories, great soul.
NEILARDO
What a great recommendation ! I have Bootleg USA on Spotify now, thanks !
Keep it coming.

Sovereign

Oh, slight mistake there, just realised he is really folky, not quite my cuppa, but a good guitarist none the less

Neilardo

Unread post by Neilardo »

:lol: :lol: Glad you enjoyed "In the pines" Sov. Martin Simpson covers alot of bases from bluegrass to blues and americana to british trad, but yes it is definitely "FOLK".

Here's a couple more along the lines of "in the pines"
Martin Simpson - Duncan & Brady
Martin Simpson - Stagolee
Technic SL-P1200ASC>>SSP>>P50sa>>SSP>>A80>>LS6>>Royd Prior>>> and on the whole very pleased about it.