All music posts here please.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
kellerist
Hungary

Re: Your last listen

Unread post by kellerist » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Buddy Guy, The blues is alive and well. Nomen est omen.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:53 pm

King Crimson 'Beat'

Been listening to this a lot in the car - 24-bit ripped file. Superb driving music.

KING CRIMSON - BEAT

A difficult album for Crimson fans with a more commercial 80's-style sound and Adrian Belew moving into centre stage. During the recording of the final track 'Requiem' an argument broke out during which Belew ordered Fripp to leave - he did, and played no further part in the mixing and post-production of the album. The band split (temporarily) hereafter.

Personally I find the songwriting and playing to be of the highest standards and it has always been a favourite of mine. Chapman Stick afficionado's really need to hear T Lev's work on here, which is simply mind-blowing. The last great KC album until 'A Scarcity of Miracles'.
NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube3
Digits: RPi 2B / Allo DigiOne / Volumio / Tomanek ULPS / AQ Jitterbug
CD Transport: Cambridge CXC DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette
Cans: AudioQuest NightHawk Digital i/c: Oxypure OCC coax & optical

Karnevil9
Great Britain

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 pm

Only heard 'Discipline' I assumed that 'Three Of A Perfect Pair' & 'Beat' are maybe all the same sounding?
Rega Based DIY Turntable...Mayware 'Formula 4' Unipivot...Shure 'M75ED/2' Cartridge...Musical Fidelity 'LX2-LPS' Phono Pre Amp...Citronic 'CE-22' Enhancer/Exciter...

Sony 'CDP-552ESD' CD Player...Citronic 'CE-22' Enhancer/Exciter...Hi-Fi News 'HeadCase' Headphone Amplifier...

AKG 'K141, Mk.II' Headphones... QTX 'LM82'

Unethical Headphone System in Hi-Fi nerds Eyes. Tough titty boys, My system, My lugholes :epopc:

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:33 pm

You can hear 'Beat' on the link above. 'Three of a perfect pair' has one accessible side (mainly Belew) and one excessive side (Fripp). Worth hearing just for the mind blowing 'Sleepless'
https://youtu.be/RGG7U5mJncw

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 am

Mike Oldfield 'Amarok'

MIKE OLDFIELD - Amarok (1990) Full Album

Tucked away in Oldfield's catalogue are a couple of treasures that are not a variation on 'Tubby Bulls' and this is one of them. 'Amarok' is a single track of just over an hour long that should be an essential purchase for those wanting to show off their audio installation. This album has it all - acoustic, electronic, quiet, loud, subtle effects, sudden dynamic shifts, Margaret Thatcher ... everything! All played by MO himself with a warning on the back:

"This record could be hazardous to the health of cloth-eared nincompoops"

It's just amazing! :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance:

Karnevil9
Great Britain

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Fretless wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:33 pm
You can hear 'Beat' on the link above. 'Three of a perfect pair' has one accessible side (mainly Belew) and one excessive side (Fripp). Worth hearing just for the mind blowing 'Sleepless'
O dear god no i could not listen to them now, i only heard 'Discipline' because we had it in the record shop i used to work in at the time..
Rega Based DIY Turntable...Mayware 'Formula 4' Unipivot...Shure 'M75ED/2' Cartridge...Musical Fidelity 'LX2-LPS' Phono Pre Amp...Citronic 'CE-22' Enhancer/Exciter...

Sony 'CDP-552ESD' CD Player...Citronic 'CE-22' Enhancer/Exciter...Hi-Fi News 'HeadCase' Headphone Amplifier...

Unethical Headphone System in Hi-Fi nerds Eyes. Tough titty boys, My system, My lugholes :epopc:

Mississippi Blind Child Assburn

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Feck me, Karns!

Rudy just accidentally wiped out the entire prog section!! :angry-fire:

Karnevil9
Great Britain

Unread post by Karnevil9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pm

He does right... Makes the place a 101% Cesspit now

Now playing Van Der Graaf 'Vital Live'.. Bought this on Vinyl from Virgin records 32 Years ago.. However this is the Remaster CD

Shamanic
Wales

Unread post by Shamanic » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:16 am

Miller Anderson-Bright City
Really good album by former Keef Hartley Band member