Your last listen

All music posts here please.
Mississippi Blind Child Assburn
Has thanked: 0
Canada

Re: Your last listen

Unread post by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn »

Europa did a fair share of exploito rock.

This is where you have fabricated, formula bands (like America's, The Monkees) doing the fad music of the time - in Europa's case, the (thought of) psychedelic and hardrock.
Exploito is a very interesting minor "genre". It is pure exploitation. Everything is made to turn a quick buck. The vinyl used is often sub-standard -but not in Europa's case.

The -usually Jews - pushing the fad, know little about the music. For instance there is a title on Europa (I believe) with a VERY "psychedelic" coverart - arabesque designs , et al - but the music is actually all instrumental early 60s SURF MUSIC!

More often than not the same musicians perform under different names. Everything is notoriously RE-HASHED . For example you have the groups 41 Flavours,The Firebirds,and The Electric Firebirds - all the same bands and same music. (Sometimes the tracks are given different titles or re-arranged on the lp.

Another hallmark of exploito is that often session men are used (abused) . Squares that are entirely OUT-OF-THE-CURRENT-SCENE but talented enough to mimick the "sound".

And, as in the case of Europa, to further confuse, you can have entire actual "hip" bands making lps under completely different band names.Like Hairy Chapter appearing as Electric Sound For Dancing - or something like that .

American exploito labels were Crown, Aleshire,...oh I forget.The Roulette label was real tricky - I think run by two Mafia-like brothers.
Ugly Custard is a good British exploito band.

A shady business for sure with real characters like Miller/Mueller .

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

Thanks for making me wiser every day! Then the Hansa Label must be exploito, too. They had Boney M., The Teens, Milli Vanilli, Modern Talking and today these casting show one day flies. All bands thrown together only for the reason to make money with.

Canada

Blind Chile don't want to know Hansa because this is exploitation of shit-music. Blind Child only interested in psych exploitation of the late 60s /early 70s period.

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

It's a good decision not to want to know, definitely shit-music!

Canada

Okay Gregor, I'm gonna gib you a real treat.
Here are photos of exploito lp coverarts that I put up ages ago at Galactic Zoo:

GO TO GALACTIC ZOO at YAHOO GROUPS. Click on the "PHOTOS" button.

As you can see, Hendrix was a big euro-exploito target.Sitar also.

(Also you see 4 or 5 of my record store cartoons and part of my wall of cassettes)
Last edited by Mississippi Blind Child Assburn on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canada

See that picture of GUITAR EXPLOSION ELECTRIC UNDERGROUND?

Well that is the one I was on about: psychy picture of group (for certain not the actual group) but misleading as all hell since the music is surf.

I learned this the hard way - ten dollars worth.

Oh yeah....a rather reliable collecting tip: if its a late 60s lp and it has the word "electric" somewhere on the front cover ,chances are good that its exploito.

Canada

See that ORGAN FREAKOUT -by THE MUSTANG lp?

These cheap cheeseball label owners used the same go go girls picture session on 6 or seven other exploito lp covers. Next to it is HAIRCUT & IMPOSSIBLES "Call it Soul" exploito lp. As you see - same girl! She turns up everywhere in this bizarre world of exploito psych. (And, naturally, the music isn't soul!)

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Please, one step after the other! I created a Yahoo account now and sent a request for joining the Galactic Zoo group and what I see is nothing! Did I miss something?

Canada

Aye.
I searched Yahoo Groups and nothing comes up for Galactic Zoo.

Karney is good at these computer things.
Mebbe he can help??

Canada

If you are into obscure prog/psych, Galactic Zoo is the web's littlest-known-secret. I'm all over that forum.But you have to go back years into the archives ("Janet's Nipple Part 1 & 2")

Like all music DISCUSSION forums today, it is dead. (no one wants to talk music any more - they just want to steal and be spoonfed. They are all COCKSUCKERS)