Unread post by karatestu »

Just had an eargasm :lol:
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Your last listen

More self indulgent jazz fusion this morning

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmEJPhU ... RoeGsXCaOL[/BBvideo]

I love the guitar sound on this and the way it interacts with the electric violin and viola. Some of the lighter and more simple passages from the disc are really beautiful. Then the manic bits wake you up.
DIY FREE ZONE

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Pat Metheny Group - First Circle.

This was Pat's final outing on ECM and some fans argue that he has never surpassed this album.

From the beginning, joke band of Les Dawson musicians on "Forward March" to the last notes of the final track "Praise," the band are at the top of their game. Lyle Mays' keyboard backdrops feeding off Pat's melodic improvisations and vice versa create some fantastic musical landscapes along with Pedro Aznar's wordless vocals. The whole thing is powered along beauitfully by Steve Rodby's fluid bass lines and Paul Wertico's filigree cymbal work and dynamic rolls and thunders from his drums.

Awesome!
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

tweet_my_ribbon

Unread post by tweet_my_ribbon »

@ karatestu - another great choice with Mahavishnu John mclaughlin. I've six of his albums, 'birds of fire' is an old fave of mine. not familiar with dream, yet.
edit : yes I am. Have looked through track listings and dream is side 2 of between nothingness and eternity, live album 1973, i have this on vinyl. Stonkin good music.

@SteveTheShadow - Pat Metheny group, offramp (ECM) is my only record by him. Heading to youtube now for First Circle.
NVA amps, speakers, interconnects & speaker cables produce the music.

With help from Technics, Audio Technica, Jelco, Hana, Musical Fidelity, Sony, Cyrus & Soneteer.

karatestu
Great Britain

tweet_my_ribbon wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:47 pm @ karatestu - another great choice with Mahavishnu John mclaughlin. I've six of his albums, 'birds of fire' is an old fave of mine. not familiar with dream, yet.
edit : yes I am. Have looked through track listings and dream is side 2 of between nothingness and eternity, live album 1973, i have this on vinyl. Stonkin good music.

@SteveTheShadow - Pat Metheny group, offramp (ECM) is my only record by him. Heading to youtube now for First Circle.
The mahavishnu orchestra album is called The lost trident sessions. Dream is the first track. The youtube link is a series of songs to cover the whole album not the whole album in one go. I could not find a link with the whole album on it.
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

This is a contender for my favourite album of all time.

[BBvideo=560,315]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipe-PH6CBa0[/BBvideo]

It kicks arse baby
DIY FREE ZONE

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Still pretty incapacitated by the pneumonia, which means for most of the time I only have the puff to listen to music and read (ain't life a bitch! :dance: ).
An eclectic circle of bands are in rotation to fit my mood: REM, Dead Can Dance, Boston, Grizzly Bear, Mansun, But there is one recently-acquired album that is giving me much pleasure at the moment: The Alan Parsons Symphonic Project - Live in Columbia.

Alan Parsons Symphonic Project (Live in Colombia) Medellín 2013

Having grown up with the studio perfection of the APP albums, this is a trip down memory lane to friendly and familiar places. AP is caught here with a live band of superb musicians along with a full symphony orchestra and chorus who provide an enthusiastic and energetic foundation.
What strikes me is how solid the songs and arrangements are - the complex studio ornamentation is brilliantly reproduced in a vital, engaging way. The orchestra really swings along with the band and the recording is a sort of 'big-screen' sound where you can immerse yourself in the crowd.

The performances are terrific. AP himself is present on guitar and keys - he even takes lead vocals for one number ('Don't Answer Me').
A good time was obviously had by all ! :grin:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I came upon this by chance. What a great voice.
https://www.facebook.com/hangracemusic/ ... HGDyFrQsQI
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

karatestu
Great Britain

Herbie Hancock - Secrets (1976)

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkm-FxQfneE[/BBvideo]

Incredibly funky. :dance: Smooth at times but never boring. The bass lines and playing are amazing, Wah Wah Watson is the master of the wah pedal. :dance: Probably one of Herbie's most funky albums and one of my favourites :guiness;

Herbie Hancock - Piano, Rhodes etc etc
Bennie Maupin - Sax, bass clarinet
Wah Wah Watson - Guitar
Ray Parker - Guitar
James Levi - Drums
Paul Jackson - Bass :dance:
Kenneth Nash - Percussion
DIY FREE ZONE