Building bridges

Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: Building bridges

Unread post by Classicrock »

ADMIN EDIT

Ad hom towards member of other forum and questioning admin decision in public.

No more warnings. Next time you get a strike.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Same applies to everyone else
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

---Tom---

Unread post by ---Tom--- »

savvypaul wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm Consigning conflict to the past is not always an easy process to embark on, so I welcome the positive step forward by Marco and his team of mods to lift the ban on discussion of NVA at Art Of Sound.

We are all enthusiasts. We have far more in common with each other than what separates us. People have the right to hold different opinions, the right to hold different beliefs and, even, the right to be 'wrong'. There is is no good reason to allow 'ego' to get in the way of pursuing a hobby.

It's not for me to tell Marco how to run his forum. It's not for me to tell Marco who he can allow to be a member of his forum. Any conditions attached to the lifting of the ban are Marco's to decide.

My concern is HFS, and I want this to be a place that is welcoming of differing views and experiences, so, as a further gesture of reconciliation, I extend a 'Day 1' amnesty to any AOS members who may have been caught up in previous conflict between the two forums. Assuming you play by the rules of the forum, you will be welcome and judged only on what you post from now on.

Richard showed admirable intolerance in removing from his designs anything that he believed impacted negatively on our musical enjoyment...but NVA does not need to use intolerance of other enthusiasts as a marketing tool. We will stand on the sound quality, the component and build quality, the reliability and longevity of the designs, combined with approachability and professional service. I trust that all those who believe in the NVA design ethos will welcome today's announcement at AOS and will choose to prioritise the future of NVA over any nostalgia for inter-forum conflict.
This forum needs a 'like' button. NIce one Paul.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

---Tom--- wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:31 pm
savvypaul wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:43 pm Consigning conflict to the past is not always an easy process to embark on, so I welcome the positive step forward by Marco and his team of mods to lift the ban on discussion of NVA at Art Of Sound.

We are all enthusiasts. We have far more in common with each other than what separates us. People have the right to hold different opinions, the right to hold different beliefs and, even, the right to be 'wrong'. There is is no good reason to allow 'ego' to get in the way of pursuing a hobby.

It's not for me to tell Marco how to run his forum. It's not for me to tell Marco who he can allow to be a member of his forum. Any conditions attached to the lifting of the ban are Marco's to decide.

My concern is HFS, and I want this to be a place that is welcoming of differing views and experiences, so, as a further gesture of reconciliation, I extend a 'Day 1' amnesty to any AOS members who may have been caught up in previous conflict between the two forums. Assuming you play by the rules of the forum, you will be welcome and judged only on what you post from now on.

Richard showed admirable intolerance in removing from his designs anything that he believed impacted negatively on our musical enjoyment...but NVA does not need to use intolerance of other enthusiasts as a marketing tool. We will stand on the sound quality, the component and build quality, the reliability and longevity of the designs, combined with approachability and professional service. I trust that all those who believe in the NVA design ethos will welcome today's announcement at AOS and will choose to prioritise the future of NVA over any nostalgia for inter-forum conflict.
This forum needs a 'like' button. NIce one Paul.
Thanks, Tom.

Yes, the forum does need a like button. Terry tried to install one during the last update but came up against a glitch. He's going to find an extension (phpbb version of downloadable apps) that is compatible with the latest phpbb software version.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

In conflicts, sometimes one party has to be the “bigger man”

Congrats to Savvy for doing that. It also makes commercial sense to have broader discussions about the NVA products rather than the historical baggage.......

I’m not sure RD would approve though 😂
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Copperblue wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:00 am In conflicts, sometimes one party has to be the “bigger man”

Congrats to Savvy for doing that. It also makes commercial sense to have broader discussions about the NVA products rather than the historical baggage.......

I’m not sure RD would approve though 😂
Richard just enjoyed making his customers happy and only really wanted to break even. The new team needs to sell the products to make a living, that doesn't mean they don't want happy customers but it does mean they want more of them. Fighting with another forum isn't the way to achieve that and a younger Richard would, I am sure, have appreciated the difference. Approval is another matter but it is time to move on.

29mile

Unread post by 29mile »

Very lukewarm gesture by AOS but business is business and commercially it creates sales potential for the reborn NVA. I believe though that PFM and the Wam could provide a much wider audience given how AOS has shrunk in recent years.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Richard wanted NVA to continue and he was aware that prices would need to rise for this to happen. I think he would have reluctently come round to the end justifying the means with regard to the HFS changes. He certainly made his point, over a number of years, about what is wrong with the industry with the backing of posters here. I concur that Wam and PFM provide a wider audience than AOS.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

He certainly made his point, over a number of years, about what is wrong with the industry with the backing of posters here.
But his point was that direct selling would allow profit to be made and at the same time prices to be kept low. To make NVA work Paul has had to increase prices. So not so sure about that.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Lurcher300b wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:00 pm
He certainly made his point, over a number of years, about what is wrong with the industry with the backing of posters here.
But his point was that direct selling would allow profit to be made and at the same time prices to be kept low. To make NVA work Paul has had to increase prices. So not so sure about that.
I should have been more clear. I was referring to EOTW. The prices Richard was selling at, as a one man business operating from home, were ridiculously low. That has to change with increased production, VAT and premisis. The direct selling is still undercutting dealers, but not by so much.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc