NVA is back!

savvypaul
Great Britain

NVA is back!

Unread post by savvypaul »

Tomasz and I are delighted to have the opportunity to bring NVA back into production.

Tomasz will lead the production side of the business – manufacturing, repairs, product research & development. Products will be built in batches, rather than to order; this reduces build time per unit without impacting build quality and minimises the cost of holding unused parts. All items will be built in, and dispatched from, the UK. Next day UK delivery will be available for stock items.

Paul will lead the commercial side of the business – the website, the HFS forum, social media. All orders will be handled through the www.nvahifi.co.uk website, accepting all major debit and credit cards, Paypal and Apple Pay. NVA customers will be able to review their order details, track shipments, and view their previous order history. The archive of NVA information, knowledge and experience at HFS will be retained, indexed and promoted.

Product Range

We will introduce a simplified range, pitched at three clear price points and giving natural upgrade paths.

Pricing

Especially in recent years, Richard chose to sell a proportion of the NVA range at a loss. That is not sustainable. However, NVA customers will continue to benefit from savings created by the direct selling model. Our retail price is still reduced by around 50% compared to selling through dealers.

Pricing will take into account; cost of parts, packaging, labour, shipping, customer service, operational expenses, premises, marketing, upgrade scheme, investment in new products, warranties, VAT. It is important to us, and all NVA customers, that pricing is set at a level that supports a business which can be relied on for quality control, long term availability and lifetime support.

NVA August 2019 Price List

Upgrade Scheme

We will be retaining the upgrade scheme, with a sliding scale of trade-in values based on item type, age and condition.

30 Day Trial / Returns Policy

We will be retaining the 30 day trial offer. Read more...

Loan Scheme

As an alternative to upfront payment, we will offer a 14 day loan scheme for most products. Loan fee and terms & conditions apply. The loan scheme will be introduced in January 2020.

Warranty Repairs

All brand new NVA products purchased on or after 24th August 2019 via www.nvahifi.co.uk are covered by our 2-year manufacturers’ warranty (pre-owned items will be sold with a 6 month warranty). NVA products purchased prior to 24th August 2019 will be repaired at cost. NVA owners who are members of the Hi-Fi Subjectivist forum will receive a 50% discount on the cost of the first 2 hours of labour for any repairs, until 31st July 2021. Read more...

What's next?

We have a limited stock of pre-built items from the acquisition of the remaining assets of NVA. We are offering these items at up to 20% discount against the January 2018 NVA price list. Order at https://www.nvahifi.co.uk/b-grade-sale

We also have a few pre-owned items. Tested and refurbished (where required) by Tomasz. Order at https://www.nvahifi.co.uk/preowned

The simplified NVA range is available for pre-order. HFS members will receive 10% cashback on any pre-orders placed before 1st October 2019 and can still utilise the upgrade scheme for their purchase (subject to the usual criteria). Cashback amount will be refunded to your payment method when we dispatch your order. Further details to follow.

A short break – Tomasz to spend some time with his young family, and I will be sailing around the Turkish Coast with my eldest daughter. We return on Monday 9th September.

Thank you for your support,

Tomasz & Paul
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: NVA Price List

slinger wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:55 pm Paul, a quick (purely hypothetical) question about speaker cables. Richard used to offer the option of bespoke lengths "within" a pair. For instance: I ordered 3m pairs but the "3m pair" was actually a 2m + a 4m cable. Same overall length, just split differently. Are you still going to offer that, as I can't see it mentioned within the price list?
It will be a bespoke item. There will be a small charge for set up to make odd length pairs outside of the batches we produce. Contact us for a price.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Berty bass
Great Britain

Re: NVA is back!

Unread post by Berty bass »

Got to say some of the projected updates to established items (specifically to the Phono stages) look very intriguing. Can existing units be upgraded to these new specs or traded in against new stages?

Berty bass
Great Britain

Another question, Savvy: is there any plans to offer remote volume control with NVA integrated or pre-amps in future? The reason I ask is simply because we put our TV through the existing amp and I'm a lazy git who finds remote volume control really useful when adjusting volume during - for example - films, when music or sound effects can often be a lot louder than dialogue. It would be high on my list of priorities if I were to change from my current Rega Elicit-R to something NVA-coloured.

Jammy Dodger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Jammy Dodger »

Glad yer up and runnin again.....👍

savvypaul
Great Britain

Berty bass wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:47 pm Got to say some of the projected updates to established items (specifically to the Phono stages) look very intriguing. Can existing units be upgraded to these new specs or traded in against new stages?
Re phono stages:

The upgraded boards can be fitted to existing units.

The shielding option cannot be retrofitted.

If you upgrade within the phono stage range (e.g. P2 to P3) - the upgrade scheme would apply.
I am in the hi-fi trade

---Tom---

Unread post by ---Tom--- »

Woop woop! :D Those upgraded RIAA boards sound intriguing indeed...
No mini-BMU?

savvypaul
Great Britain

Berty bass wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:56 pm Another question, Savvy: is there any plans to offer remote volume control with NVA integrated or pre-amps in future? The reason I ask is simply because we put our TV through the existing amp and I'm a lazy git who finds remote volume control really useful when adjusting volume during - for example - films, when music or sound effects can often be a lot louder than dialogue. It would be high on my list of priorities if I were to change from my current Rega Elicit-R to something NVA-coloured.
Lazy? Me too!

We will be 'speaking to' the forum about limited / special edition items.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Berty bass
Great Britain

savvypaul wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:57 pm
Berty bass wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:56 pm Another question, Savvy: is there any plans to offer remote volume control with NVA integrated or pre-amps in future? The reason I ask is simply because we put our TV through the existing amp and I'm a lazy git who finds remote volume control really useful when adjusting volume during - for example - films, when music or sound effects can often be a lot louder than dialogue. It would be high on my list of priorities if I were to change from my current Rega Elicit-R to something NVA-coloured.
Lazy? Me too!

We will be 'speaking to' the forum about limited / special edition items.
Thank you - appreciate the response.

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

🍻 Wonderful news 🍻
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables