B Grade SALE

User avatar
CN211276
Posts: 2844
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am
Location: Cardiff
Wales

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am

CN211276 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am
An integrated amp is likely to have more appeal to a first time buyer, seems a good move. One input is also likely to suffice.
I note that the one input refers to CD. As it is likely that a first time buyer will be streaming, perhaps it could be widened to something on the lines of......CD player or a DAC connected to/fed by phone/tablet/laptop. This would not rule out Bluetooth. Just a thought.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler-Qutest/MCRU PS, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

R.I.P. Doc

User avatar
CN211276
Posts: 2844
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am
Location: Cardiff
Wales

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:16 pm

CN211276 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 am
CN211276 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:27 am
An integrated amp is likely to have more appeal to a first time buyer, seems a good move. One input is also likely to suffice.
I note that the one input refers to CD. As it is likely that a first time buyer will be streaming, perhaps it could be widened to something on the lines of......CD player or a DAC connected to/fed by phone/tablet/laptop. This would not rule out Bluetooth. Just a thought.
The integrated amplifiers do not appear to be included in the price list.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/MCRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler-Qutest/MCRU PS, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

R.I.P. Doc

montechristo358
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:35 pm
Great Britain

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by montechristo358 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:25 pm

nor does the mini BMU

Grumpytim
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 am
Great Britain

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by Grumpytim » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 am

Just ordered the AP20 integrated, my first tentative step into NVA. I notice that the link to integrated amps is either broken, or needs removing if you're not doing integrated's in the future.

Speaking of the future - all the best and good luck to you both.

User avatar
slinger
Posts: 3976
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:30 pm
Location: The Garden of England
Great Britain

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by slinger » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:07 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of NVA, Tim. I hope you enjoy the journey. Many thanks for pointing out the broken website link, we're in the process of rounding up the gremlins responsible and they will be shot at dawn.
Amps - NVA P50, A30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Hannes-Gregor
Posts: 1353
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:40 am
Germany

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:53 pm

Grumpytim wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 am
Just ordered the AP20 integrated, my first tentative step into NVA. I notice that the link to integrated amps is either broken, or needs removing if you're not doing integrated's in the future.

Speaking of the future - all the best and good luck to you both.
..and you ordered it as a present to yourself.
Happy Birthday!

Grumpytim
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 am
Great Britain

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by Grumpytim » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Hannes-Gregor wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:53 pm
..and you ordered it as a present to yourself.
Happy Birthday!
Cheers - it took a lot of procrastinating, but finally the deed is done.

_D_S_J_R_
Posts: 4214
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 am
Location: The end of the road in Suffolk Coastal.
Wales

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm

If the AP20 is first step, please don't forget the speaker cables. I only add this just in case...

Grumpytim
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 11:03 am
Great Britain

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by Grumpytim » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:48 am

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:37 pm
If the AP20 is first step, please don't forget the speaker cables. I only add this just in case...
Thanks already done, along with some interconnects.

Must resist second hand cubes, must resist second hand cubes...

User avatar
karatestu
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:40 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Great Britain

Re: B Grade SALE

Unread post by karatestu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:09 am

Must resist second hand cubes, must resist second hand cubes...

......resistance is futile. :grin:
DIY inspired by Richard "The Doc" Dunn RIP

Post Reply