NVA Update

TroutFisher
Great Britain

Re: NVA Update

Unread post by TroutFisher » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Classicrock wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:11 am
MCRU is a business like many others that sells a range of products including overpriced crap
Indeed and it pisses me off that so many want to attack mcru because of their product prices. Now I don’t buy ready made products but am very happy to buy components to make things for myself and that includes mains cables. Be sure that if you search, mcru are the cheapest source for these separate components and they come with a first rate delivery service. Mcru are pretty brilliant in my experience.

Daniel Quinn
Wales

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:03 pm

It's like a murder saying but I give to charity.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:00 pm

TroutFisher wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Classicrock wrote:
MCRU is a business like many others that sells a range of products including overpriced crap
Be sure that if you search, mcru are the cheapest source for these separate components and they come with a first rate delivery service. Mcru are pretty brilliant in my experience.
MCRU have their own delivery service? Last time I looked, they used Royal Mail and couriers, like everyone else. Anyway, cut out the spamming.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 am

I have come late to this thread but from leading much of it I have formed some opinions.
There is nothing we, as forum members, customers or just interested parties, can do without; grant of probate and Nadia's agreement. Several people have said this but it didn't stifle discussion.
DQ has posted a lot of sense and we would do well to take note of what he says.
NVA isn't a company, it is a product line and there in is one of the problems, there isn't a legal entity to buy, sell or exchange. There is however intellectual property in the designs of cables, amplifiers, power supplies etc. some legal guidance will, I imagine, be required to determine ownership.
It will be necessary to determine whether the name NVA is registered.
It will be necessary to determine whether any of the designs are patented, I some how doubt they are but I would like to be proved wrong.

With Nadia's agreement, it would be helpful to determine all the materials Richard used to build his products, who produced the circuit boards, cases and other custom parts. Additionally it would be really useful to know who his suppliers were, he won't have used Maplin for example, his tools are also valuable to anyone wishing to restart production.

One thing is abundantly clear NVA products, even if they can be produced again, will never be the same simply because Richard wasn't interested in making a profit in the way that shareholders would expect. I doubt he factored in the cost of the rooms he used or his time.

Lindsayt
Marshall Islands

Unread post by Lindsayt » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 am

TroutFisher wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:38 pm
Classicrock wrote:
Indeed and it pisses me off that so many want to attack mcru because of their product prices. Now I don’t buy ready made products but am very happy to buy components to make things for myself and that includes mains cables. Be sure that if you search, mcru are the cheapest source for these separate components and they come with a first rate delivery service. Mcru are pretty brilliant in my experience.
MCRU are OK for holding hi fi enthusiast events like bake offs.

However, I am not aware of anything that they stock at a price that would make me remotely interested in buying something from them.
I also can not recommend them to other people as a place from which to buy audio equipment or accessories.

Unlike ebay - from where I have bought plenty of items over the years.
Or the recent NIVA sale on this forum, from where I bought an NVA A20 for £133.

If you think they are pretty brilliant, then that is up to you.
If I think my money is better spent or invested elsewhere, then that is up to me.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am

Geoff.R.G wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 am
I have come late to this thread but from leading much of it I have formed some opinions.
There is nothing we, as forum members, customers or just interested parties, can do without; grant of probate and Nadia's agreement. Several people have said this but it didn't stifle discussion.

NVA isn't a company, it is a product line and there in is one of the problems, there isn't a legal entity to buy, sell or exchange. There is however intellectual property in the designs of cables, amplifiers, power supplies etc. some legal guidance will, I imagine, be required to determine ownership.
It will be necessary to determine whether any of the designs are patented, I some how doubt they are but I would like to be proved wrong.

With Nadia's agreement, it would be helpful to determine all the materials Richard used to build his products, who produced the circuit boards, cases and other custom parts. Additionally it would be really useful to know who his suppliers were, he won't have used Maplin for example, his tools are also valuable to anyone wishing to restart production.

One thing is abundantly clear NVA products, even if they can be produced again, will never be the same simply because Richard wasn't interested in making a profit in the way that shareholders would expect. I doubt he factored in the cost of the rooms he used or his time.
No shit Sherlock. I wonder if savvypaul thought of any of that...
DQ has posted a lot of sense and we would do well to take note of what he says.
Which posts in particular? Because to me they seem like wild flailing backed by no information but a lot of hatred.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 am

Lurcher300b wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:01 am
Geoff.R.G wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:19 am

No shit Sherlock. I wonder if savvypaul thought of any of that...
:lol: :idea: :lol:
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / BTE Designs Lenco 59 / ATP-12t / Denon 103 / NVA Phono2 / GSP Revelation / Vortexbox Appliance / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / RME ADI-2 dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / Marantz 2015 / NVA Cube 1 / Klipsch Heresy 3 /NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H / Grado sr225e

Daniel Quinn
Wales

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am

Once again I've expressed no hatred. Nick appears to be confused.

Probably a result of his somewhat biased opinion

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:10 am

Daniel Quinn wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am
Once again I've expressed no hatred. Nick appears to be confused.

Probably a result of his somewhat biased opinion
This one seems a bit close IMHO
I've never seen such bile, naked ambition or alterior motive masquerading as analysis in my whole life.
And exactly what bias are you suggesting I have?

Is it the unforgivable bias of not agreeing with DQ?

Daniel Quinn
Wales

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:15 am

Once again I repeat. I've expressed no hatred. You of course are entitled to your opinion, but it is wrong.

Of course you are under no obligation to agree with me. But in choosing to disagree you are placing yourself in the wrong camp.