CABLE SALE WEEK

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

CABLE SALE WEEK

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:32 pm

Cable sales have been quiet this last month so I am doing a promotion called Cable Weekend on this coming Sat and Sun - all cables 20% off.

This is set up automatically at eBay but TIS and TSCS are not listed there so you can order them in the NVA order room.

TRADE IN WILL BE ALLOWED

EDIT - Extended to a week

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: CABLE SALE WEEKEND

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:34 pm

I think that cables are the most important part of a NVA system. You can have the cheapest amp the cheapest speakers, and each time upgrading cables seems to make more musical difference, obviously diminished returns as you get up to TIS and TSCS, but even they show strong benefit. So an A20 and LS6 or TSCS and SSP or TIS makes much more sense and benefit than A80's with LS2 and SC. LS6 or TSCS makes far more musical benefit on Cubettes (doing these tests ATM) than Cube 1 with LS1 or LS2.

I say with *NVA system*, as obviously I could only guess if the same applies with other makers gear.

So this is a good promo to do. As it is sales I won't nag you for reviews, but if you have the time and the will could you please tell me if you think I am right, in music based review format preferably.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:55 pm

:guiness; You are a naughty man doc :guiness;
Naim, Linn & Harbeth fanboy

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:21 pm

With my stash of NVA and non NVA gear, I guarantee that SSC is ALWAYS better than SC (music is fleshed out more) and with my stuff, SSP was worth it again - I only had SSP for a week or so, but it did subtly but importantly improve a P20/A20 in the important musical aspects and with more powerful amps, the extra bass presence (not boom or extra 'thud,' but palpability/realism) was well worthwhile and more like the TIS I thought. Go straight back to SC and the sound 'flattens out' - to my ears - and loses this kind of musical 'realism' that NVA does so well imo. I've compromised on SSCs here, but shall have to go the SSP route at some point, as it really is 'better' for the way I listen to music.

Hope it's alright to say the above. I can't speak for the speaker cables except to say I like the LS5's I have very much and with several totally different amps I've used it with. I still maintain that LS2 is an excellent general purpose *sensible* speaker cable and has to be better than shop bought Chord, QED and similar shop bought stuff with 60%+ dealer margins...

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:35 pm

Oh bummer, there goes the wages 😂👍🏼
ARB Turntable, origin live Onyx, Dynavector 10x5, Schiit Mani.
Meridian 206, iPhone 4s, Apple Box3, Beresford TC7510, WiFi
NVA P50 & 2x A20
linn Helix
Ls1,Ls5, SSC

Rettib2001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rettib2001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:48 pm

Looks like it's time to join the Ls6 club.

Does the 'trade-in' option only work if it's for the same length of cable?

I have 7m of ls3 from last year but because I've since moved I only need 3 metres of ls6.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Can't do it, i would make a loss. I can only offer you trade in value v a 3m set of LS3, so you would lose the extra value.

Rettib2001
Great Britain

Unread post by Rettib2001 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:52 am

Yes, I hadn't really done the calculation in my head but it obviously wouldn't make financial sense.

The penny dropped moment after I sent my message.

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:02 am

:doh:

Latteman
Great Britain

Unread post by Latteman » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:26 am

Your advice please
My next purchase ‘was to be’ 1.5m of Ls5 to replace Ls2 running to the mid/bass and complement the Ls1 currently to the tweeters.
I have 2x A20 fed via 2 sets of SC from P50 fed from phono via another SC;- would it be more advisable to trade up to SSC instead of the Ls5?
That would be 1x 90cm ssc & 2x 80cm ssc
Decisions decisions- all nice though 👍🏼 Thanks peter
ARB Turntable, origin live Onyx, Dynavector 10x5, Schiit Mani.
Meridian 206, iPhone 4s, Apple Box3, Beresford TC7510, WiFi
NVA P50 & 2x A20
linn Helix
Ls1,Ls5, SSC