NVA and hi-fi shows

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

NVA and hi-fi shows

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon May 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Well in order to promote the starter system I am doing two shows this summer. The National Show in September in Leamington Spa, and now booked the NW show at Cranage Hall near Crewe.

The North West Audio Show http://audioshow.co.uk/

Cranage Hall (De Vere Cranage Estate), Cheshire, 23rd Saturday 10am – 6pm 24th Sunday 10am -5pm JUNE

This is my blurb for the show, do you think it controversial enough :lol:

NVA hifi

WE ARE DIFFERENT - WE ARE A DIRECT SELLER

So we have no distributors or retailers, we sell to everyone at trade price. This can amount to over 50% saving on a equivalent purchase.

We also have a distinct diliske of the current rip-off hi-fi industry where as customer quantity has gone down so price have gone through the roof to compensate. So even if not a direct seller we would still be selling at bargain prices.

Designed and manufactured in the UK. We sell through our shop at ebay, and for anything not listed at ebay through our forum hifisubjectivist.org

We are proving this concept here at this show by demonstrating our starter system consisting of

P20 passive pre-amp - £100
A20 power amp - £200
With cables in 2m LS2 speaker cable and 40cm Soundcord interconnect supplied free

Total system price £300 for a proper hi-fi amplifier system

As an addition you can buy our starter speaker system the Cubettes for £300.

These are available to buy here and take home with you on a 30 day no quibble return and refund if you are unhappy in any way. Or buy them when you are back home from ebay with free delivery.

On top of this offer you will find out how good NVA is in the process so you can upgrade it, like for like, within 2 years of purchase for no loss, just pay the difference.

Our forum contains many happy customers as members, with a product review section written by them. We avoid hi-fi magazines and blogs as we find them to be corrupted.

We are deliberately using a cheap Sony CD player that happens to be very good that I bought on ebay for £30. The only other addition to the system you are listening to is a NVA miniBMU (balanced mains unit) at £275 as I have discovered at shows the mains is largely messed up by those using it, especially digital and AV products. So I am giving us as clean mains as possible.

Enjoy the dem, if you have a CD then ask for a track to be played, or select from our choices. I will ask that you treat the dem with respect and do not talk over the music and please turn you phones off when in our room. I am not available for extended conversation as this room is ONLY about music. Please email or post on the forum any questions.

Richard Dunn

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: NVA and hi-fi shows

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon May 14, 2018 4:33 pm

I will have trade badges for anyone who wants to come and help in the room for a while to give me a break.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon May 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Plenty controversial for some in the industry I think Doc. Only wish I could tag along to assist. Hoping you'll have enough assistance at each show.

Alfi.
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon May 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Perhaps I will decide to do Bristol next year if it works, that is nearer for you. I think you can all see my point in this. The starter kit is astonishingly good for the price, better than I expected, and most people can afford £300 or £600 for a second system etc. Then they are in for a shock and the upgrades will come in. :ugeek:

:epopc:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon May 14, 2018 8:12 pm

All being well next year, I'll be up for it Doc.

Good luck with the shows this year.

Alfi.
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

keepitsimplestupid
Great Britain

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid » Mon May 14, 2018 10:41 pm

"price has" or "prices have"

Other than that, it looks good.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon May 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Truthful, informative, clear.

Nicely done.
"The one who would whistle to Throbbing Gristle through harsh times in Umberstone Covert."

HiFi Foo Fight Blog
NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm

NVA is TIC, good byline.

I once had two tics jump me when I went into the bushes to have pee in France - horrible things. I saw a wild boar too. Somewhere in La Cruese.

Chunk McDaniel
Great Britain

Unread post by Chunk McDaniel » Tue May 15, 2018 12:52 am

That about says it all Doc should ruffle a few feathers. Good luck with the shows.

CN211276
Wales

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:14 am

I hope it all goes well and the room is suitable. I would be interested in a Bristol one as it is near me.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.