Suggestion to improve loan scheme

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Re: Suggestion to improve loan scheme

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:26 pm

I will leave it the way it is for now and look at it in the future.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:21 pm

For what its worth, whenever I send my stuff out (or get it collected back) I insure it at no more than what it costs me to make, not including time as that's what it will actually cost to replace a damaged item (I risk loosing the time part, but never had to claim yet, so am ahead ATM). Insuring at retail makes little sense IMHO.

Customers items for repair get insured at whatever they want as they pay for it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:36 pm

I don't sell things at retail I sell them at trade = less 30 to 50% than anyone else. If I had that extra slurp lots of things like pretty ribbons on the box could be done. BTW not digging at you. Do you still sell you little Phono at trade direct.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:47 pm

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:36 pm
I don't sell things at retail I sell them at trade = less 30 to 50% than anyone else. If I had that extra slurp lots of things like pretty ribbons on the box could be done. BTW not digging at you. Do you still sell you little Phono at trade direct.
Well, my point was Trade or Retail, neither are what it cost you to make it, so whatever that value was I would use as the insurance value. If you have to the insurance you won't have lost out, if you don't you have not paid as much as you could if you used the larger value.

And yep, still selling the PH1 phono stage directly.

But as Paul said, you could spread the insurance out and pay less anyway.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 pm

As I said I will look at it later in the year, too much with the company changes, the buy and return if not wanted seems to be working, very little comes back.

So are you sticking to just the phono state or can you see getting better market share by going direct at trade. I would like to see other do it for the sake of their customers and I wont feel so isolated and so open to attack.

Lurcher300b
Great Britain

Unread post by Lurcher300b » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Not sure yet.