NEW LOAN SCHEME

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

NEW LOAN SCHEME

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:32 am

I am changing the way we do this. Instead of me putting up product for loan and maybe a queue forming for specific loan items I am now going to treat it the same as the NVA orders thread. YOU put in a request thread for a product, and I process YOUR loan as if it were an order.

There will be a limit on the number I can process at once but until that point becomes obvious I will leave it open ended.

So for example with the amplifier starter kit, now more than one set will be made available, you want to borrow then start a thread. In this case it can include Cubettes as they will be in a listing at ebay with the starter kit. So the show system will be available for loan.

Sorry I cannot do this with Statement or bespoke type product apart from cables. Top amp available for loan will be the A100's.

Some product will have a long delay if a build time is included, but each loan will be processed and information given, and if too long can be cancelled.

I am going to bin all the existing loan threads and we start again. You want to try something then start a thread. IN NVA LOANS NOT NVA ORDERS.

If this method proves not to work it will be changed again, but for me it is a process that needs little monitoring is what I am after.

So the major difference between this and a sale thread will be you pay for fully insured shipping both out and back. When item is ready I will tell you cost to transfer by Paypal. Also a sale has a 30 day trial (officially), where as a loan is 7 days (officially).

CN211276
Wales

Re: NEW LOAN SCHEME

Unread post by CN211276 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:12 am

I think this is a good idea.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Mscaler/Qutest, Geitnote Apogee, NVA BMU, P90SA, A80sMk2, Phono 1, SSP Mk 2, TSCS, TIS mk2, Cube 1s, Atacama stands, Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, Grado SR 325e, headphones.

Second system
Chord Mojo (also HP amp), NVA P20, A20, Cubettes, SSC, LS3.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 am

In how far is this different to the 30-day money-back scheme? At least there, you (Doc) are covered should any unscrupulous loaner not return something.

Another question. Is the scheme UK only or Europe/rest of world?

Maybe extend the 30 days to 60?
Main: NVA: P50sa - SSP - A40 - LS6 - Cube2
Pi: Allo DigiOne Signature/Volumio/Tomanek LPSU/Jitterbug
DAC: Metrum Acoustics Musette CD Transport: Cambridge CXC
Headphones: AQ NightHawk & NightOwl Amp: Schiit Magni-3
DAC: Cambridge DacMagic Plus + Sbooster LPSU

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:24 am

Can only be UK because of the process of getting something back if needed.

Forum members only, with proof of identity.

I have not lost anything yet in the loans, but have lost a few things through normal sales over the years, where ebay have forced me to refund and goods are claimed to be lost. I have one at the moment in Germany - starter system, claimed P20 was faulty, I replaced, system said to be returned and wanting refund, sent back A20 and cable but no new P20 so I have had that stolen and no proof and ebay find for the customer, they are things you have to put up with.

Only difference with a sales is it will cost the insured shipping full amount. This could be up to £60 with a pair of A100s for example, with a sale they get free delivery and abroad just nominal payment. I have never refused to take something back even if outside the 30 days.

For people like you who are UK but live abroad and have friends and family here in UK I can arrange something.

Somethingfunny
Great Britain

Unread post by Somethingfunny » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 pm

This is a very generous offer. I am very impressed with your outlook and willingness to allow people a bit of time with your wares to form an opinion of their own.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:17 am

Its the only way, shows are no good, shop dems are no good, hi-fi gurus are no good, bullshitting ego heads on forums are no good, magazines and commercial blogs are no good. The only good things are your room, your time, your music, your ears.