Can You Give Me A Bit Of Information Regarding AVM Audio?

All general audio posts go here.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Can You Give Me A Bit Of Information Regarding AVM Audio?

Unread post by savvypaul »

nilsatisnisioptimum wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:01 pm
ljones67 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:32 pm Found this:

https://avm.audio/about-avm/
Very much in keeping with the NVA less is more ethos
Are you joking? Looks to me like the case costs more than what you could usefully fit inside it.

Distributed by PMC tells me everything I need to know. It's a luxury product where more is spent on marketing and slurp than is spent on the product.

Each to their own, though. Buying secondhand is definitely the way to go with such items.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

I certainly would agree that the pricing of the current product line is high, but it looks like the new owner is repositioning the company. Would you expect any different given the ties to Burmeister?

When asking the questions, I had hoped there would be a level of familiarity about the company as this is primarily a UK/European board, and most members would have more of an awareness of European brands. As I am in the US, we know of products offered by Classe, Bryston, Totem, or PSB Audio since they are Canadian companies. At least that was my hope here since AVM Audio appears to have been around since the mid 80s. Looks like I guessed wrong.

As far as the stuff being a luxury brand, I think you could probably say that about the current lineup. The era that mine came from was not as expensive, I believe my amps sold for 8800 euro in 2005. That is not cheap, certainly not. But it would make it more in line with products I would be familiar with such as Rowland or Pass Labs. they may be considered expensive, but I don't think they get marketed exclusively to the wealthy, but rather a small segment of audiophiles.

I was just hoping to find out some history, and see how the company is viewed through the eyes of audio hobbyists that are geographically closer to the company is all, and perhaps what is known about the designer and his past products.
These users thanked the author Neonknight for the post:
Ordinaryman (Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:25 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

I'd not heard of them before you posted.

I've nothing against luxury brands. I like a bit of luxury, especially if I can find it at a bargain price.

It was the 'they're a bit like NVA' comment that had me choking on my cornflakes, lol.

If they are now distributed by PMC then I would imagine they will become more well known.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Neonknight wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:49 pm
When asking the questions, I had hoped there would be a level of familiarity about the company as this is primarily a UK/European board, and most members would have more of an awareness of European brands. As I am in the US, we know of products offered by Classe, Bryston, Totem, or PSB Audio since they are Canadian companies. At least that was my hope here since AVM Audio appears to have been around since the mid 80s. Looks like I guessed wrong.
I think you should join to some German hifi forum to get the answer you want. Or email to some German hifi dealer.
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Firebug1 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:11 am
I think you should join to some German hifi forum to get the answer you want. Or email to some German hifi dealer.
The thought has come to mind, I just haven't found any German audio boards yet. I hate bothering a dealer when I am not going to be in the market to buy anything. I don't like to waste their time. In the end it really doesn't matter I suppose, because I like what I hear from the amps and they are staying here. Like many people though, I always am curious to know what the story is behind the product. But it does not sound like its meant to be.