PMC

All general audio posts go here.
Twistedheat02

Re: PMC

Unread post by Twistedheat02 »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Put the PMCs up against a pair of Cube 1 or 2...

btw, your tip to replace the metal jumper bars is a good one.
I'd like to listen to the cubes. I don't think they are as WAF friendly as the pmc though, if I'm honest that is a factor for me as I don't have a separate listening room.
These users thanked the author Twistedheat02 for the post:
savvypaul (Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm)
Amps: Nva p50 pre, 2 x marantz sm17 power Amps

Digital: Chord hugo

Analogue: Rega P3, Graham slee era v gold

Speakers :Pmc 21,

Cables: speaker, NVA LS6, interconnect, ssp mk2

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

I never heard Cubes. And I was really impressed by the PMCs. For small speakers my favorites where TSM Puris 100. But that's a thing for between 50 and 100 Euros on Ebay. I still think they're the best you can get for that money. But the PMCs play in another league (for 10 or more times the price). And thank you, I know, replacing the bars had a big effect.
Last edited by Hannes-Gregor on Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Hannes-Gregor for the post:
savvypaul (Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Twistedheat02 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:07 pm
savvypaul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm Put the PMCs up against a pair of Cube 1 or 2...

I'd like to listen to the cubes. I don't think they are as WAF friendly as the pmc though, if I'm honest that is a factor for me as I don't have a separate listening room.
The new Cubes will be available in Birch-Ply, with matching stands...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Twistedheat02

Unread post by Twistedheat02 »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm

The new Cubes will be available in Birch-Ply, with matching stands...

Sounds good!
Amps: Nva p50 pre, 2 x marantz sm17 power Amps

Digital: Chord hugo

Analogue: Rega P3, Graham slee era v gold

Speakers :Pmc 21,

Cables: speaker, NVA LS6, interconnect, ssp mk2

savvypaul
Great Britain

Hannes-Gregor wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm I never heard Cubes. And I was really impressed by the PMCs. For small speakers my favorites where TSM Puris 100. But that's a thing for between 50 and 100 Euros on Ebay. I still think they're the best you can get for that money. But the PMCs play in another league (for 10 or more times the price). And thank you, I know, replacing the bars had a big effect.
I thought my Harbeth P3ESR were good until I got the Cube 1. The difference made me laugh out loud. But don't just take my word for it..

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48629&start=20
I am in the hi-fi trade

Hannes-Gregor
Germany

Unread post by Hannes-Gregor »

savvypaul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm
Hannes-Gregor wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:10 pm I never heard Cubes. And I was really impressed by the PMCs. For small speakers my favorites where TSM Puris 100. But that's a thing for between 50 and 100 Euros on Ebay. I still think they're the best you can get for that money. But the PMCs play in another league (for 10 or more times the price). And thank you, I know, replacing the bars had a big effect.
I thought my Harbeth P3ESR were good until I got the Cube 1. The difference made me laugh out loud. But don't just take my word for it..

Then I won't like to try them. I'm still happy with my Braun LS150 in the main system and don't want to feel the need of replacing them with something I couldn't really afford.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Hannes-Gregor wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:34 pm
savvypaul wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Then I won't like to try them. I'm still happy with my Braun LS150 in the main system and don't want to feel the need of replacing them with something I couldn't really afford.
:lol: fair enough
I am in the hi-fi trade

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I don't have a seperate listening room and my wife is fine with Cube 1s on matching Atacama stands. A big factor is that they are close to the wall (where they work best). All the cabeling I have is a different matter. :lol:
These users thanked the author CN211276 for the post:
savvypaul (Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:24 pm)
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

CN211276 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:43 pm I don't have a separate listening room and my wife is fine with Cube 1s on matching Atacama stands. A big factor is that they are close to the wall (where they work best). All the cabling I have is a different matter. :lol:
I have two condenser microphones, an 8 channel mixer and a USB interface plus all the Hi-Fi in my lounge at the moment, for a zoom meeting. I may yet need to connect the record out to the mixer.

TroutFisher
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by TroutFisher »

I really can’t believe what I am reading. Before Richard died, I attended two shows he demonstrated at and frankly, to me, his sound using his cubes was really flat and completely uninspiring with no instrument/voice separation, a lack of bass extension absolutely nothing dynamic whatsoever. I really don’t understand posts suggesting things or sound otherwise. To me his speakers sounded like something dull from the 60/70’s. My speakers are now 30 years old, but they are way more dynamic and life like. When the music plays, they make you sit up and consume.

Undoubtably this may be a preference thing, but I’ll always question the preferences of those who advocate (assuming they really are using their ears) speakers designed by RD. Sorry, IMHO, NVA Cubes Are absolute rubbish compared with properly designed speakers. Now, there are many speakers out there which are not properly designed. That is probably the problem. My speakers are DIY and address many of the issues commercial products can‘t deal with. Never the less, to my ears, there are plenty better commercial speaker products than Cubes. Sorry, Paul, imho, you are promoting a fraud.