Haunted Vinyl

All general audio posts go here.
Latteman
Great Britain

Haunted Vinyl

Unread post by Latteman »

You must have that one record, we all own one that just has a life of its own-we drop onto the carpet, drop it onto the deck, miss cue, scratch & it refuses to go into the anti static sleeve - but remains Undamaged !
Mine is All about Eve-
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f; AT-VM95SH
GL-59; ARB uni pivot; AT- Signet
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- Argon Pi4 v2; IfI iUSB 3.0, Ifi Neo idsd Dac;
Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 300va mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

Rick4001
Great Britain

Re: Haunted Vinyl

Unread post by Rick4001 »

Unbelievably fortunately for me my original copy of The Wall by Pink Floyd is my rugged survivor. I bought it in 1979 and really didn't take good care of it. Typically left out of it's sleeves and covered in finger prints and never cleaned, I was a spotty fifteen year old so nothing was treated well. A couple of years ago I had it and a pile of other records ultrasonically cleaned and it plays like new and is now a treasured possession.
My stuff; Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774 /Ortofon Quintet Black, Cambridge CXC CD transport/modified Musical Fidelity X DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X10v3 tube buffer, Nakamichi CA5E preamp, Passive RVC, Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp ,Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands, NVA LS5, Cambridge NP30 network player, Mogami with Neutrik RCA, Sennheiser HD650, 600, Koss Pro4 AA.

Gmanuk101
Great Britain

Re: Haunted Vinyl

Unread post by Gmanuk101 »

mines a 70s copy of Zoot Allures by Zappa... the vinyl is really thin and you'd think it was total crap.. but boy oh boy what production!
Boxes That Make Things Louder: NVA BMU, M300 Monoblocks x 2, P50se passive pre, NVA Phono 2
Fast Digital Abacus: Bluesound Node 2i (transport), Soncoz SG1
Disc Spinning Device: Technics SL1200-G, AT-VML760, AT-13g shell, KAB Damper, 5mm Funk Firm Mat.
Magic RCA Cables: NVA TIS, SSP MKII (digital & stereo), BlueJeans, Rhodium.
The Sound Cables: NVA LS6