cartridge loading question, HELP.

All general audio posts go here.
davjam13
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

cartridge loading question, HELP.

Unread post by davjam13 »

I have recently changed my amp to a Lentek and am trying to set the cartridge loading, input resistance no prob 47k as per instructions however the input capacitance states that I should take the capacitance of the cartridge 100pf less the capacitance of the tonearm lead 136pf which would give -36pf the lowest cap setting on the amp is 50pf. Any help welcome guys, it still sounds great but any improvement is worthwhile I am currently at 47k 100pf.
Cleardio performance D.C.Turntable MCRU PSU Clearaudio Clarify arm Clearaudio Virtuoso v2 Ebony MM cartridge
Project cd box DS
pioneer vsx 531
interrconnects all Nva ssc
Nva ls3 biwire speaker cable
Linn Tukans front
monitor audio radius centre

Daniel Quinn

Re: cartridge loading question, HELP.

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I use nva, I believe the nuance cartridge loading resulting in a myriad of settings is audiophile neurosis.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It depends on the design of the phono stage and cartridge model. My advice is start at lowest capacitance and adjust by ear. Settle on what sounds best if you can hear any difference.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

davjam13
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by davjam13 »

Classicrock wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:31 pm It depends on the design of the phono stage and cartridge model. My advice is start at lowest capacitance and adjust by ear. Settle on what sounds best if you can hear any difference.
There is definitely a difference though subtle when I checked the start position it had been left on 100k I took that to 47k as instructed and there was a quality gain, the capacitance is more subtle and I have now dropped to 50pf with a slight .....very slight change in overall tone, thanks for the advice, BTW Daniel up until last week I also used an NVA phono stage unfortunately circumstances change.
Cleardio performance D.C.Turntable MCRU PSU Clearaudio Clarify arm Clearaudio Virtuoso v2 Ebony MM cartridge
Project cd box DS
pioneer vsx 531
interrconnects all Nva ssc
Nva ls3 biwire speaker cable
Linn Tukans front
monitor audio radius centre