Simple stream

All general audio posts go here.
Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Re: Simple stream

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

Thanks for reply, but no tv in room that I listen in just the" stereo". As for the laptop Chromecast app didn't seem to like windows10 +bt homehub! So I couldn't be a...d! Have Chromecast in living room on TV, wife uses that via a " smartphone "!! Also tried to download audio to older iPad and it didn't like that either! To be honest for the outlay not to bothered, will bumble along till I sort it. Did ask when I purchased it wether it would work with all of the above, resounding "yes" from the guy at currys!...." stupid is as stupid does " serves me right!

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Ordinaryman wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:24 pm ...resounding "yes" from the guy at currys!...." stupid is as stupid does " serves me right!
No huge surprise there I'm afraid. :lol:

What I meant was, you would probably be able to stream the audio part of the YouTube videos to your Chromecast, and if you've got the Chromecast plugged into your amp it should play through that... Or am I getting things arse-backwards, which wouldn't be a first for me?

I'm using my Chromecast, albeit for sound and vision, with Windoze 10 and a BT Smart Hub.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Yea, just using Chromecast audio direct to amp in the room I listen to music. Other Chromecast downstairs on TVs is just fine.
It's just the "audio" version upstairs that drops the cast? Wi fi is strong ,never loose signal etc...just these dropouts? Via the "Chromecast audio in that setup! Annoying but I hope I can solve it :-?

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

What software have you loaded onto the tablet? I haven't experienced drop outs, but my set up if different (using Bubble Upnp to stream from a Nas or using Google home)
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Only thing downloaded is google home app, which works fine for Chromecast on tv downstairs on Samsung phone :shock: just the audio version for my stereo via Samsung tablet that's the problem. So reset Chromecast audio last night and started again, now it tells me it's there but unable to access :evil: so, back to the drawing board. Think possibility is this little tablet is unsuitable?

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

CN211276 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:28 pm
CN211276 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 pm
Fretless wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:53 pm For streaming fans, Amazon are launching a new HD music streaming service that will offer FLAC up to 24bit 192 kHz quality (wow!).

Info here

https://techcrunch.com/2019/09/17/amazo ... streaming/
Inreresting. I await information about their catalogue.
Quite a bit about this across the forums and comments about SQ and the catalogue are generally favourable. It is also significantly cheaper than Tidal and Qobuz. The big downside for me is that it is not supported by BubbleUp. Dont know if this will change.

Have to say that I did not see it coming and it is good to see lossless streaming from a big player. I wonder if Spotify will follow suit and if Tidal and Qobuz will be forced to reduce their prices.
I am now convinced that Amazon HD is not aimed at the audiophile market and Tidal and Qobuz have nothing to worry about. Although the Bit and Sample rates are as high as Tidal and Qobuz sound quality is not on a par because it is not compatable with the required apps, such as Audio Player Pro. There is quite a bit on Steve Hoffman about this. I see Amazon HD as a marketing ploy designed to lure subscribers away from Spotfy and Apple because of better specifications. Because of the nature of the devices most Spotify and Apple subscribers listen on the increased resolution of Amazon HD would be barely noticable, at a higher price. I would go as far as to say that Spotify and Apple, through Audio Player Pro, would sound better than Amazon HD. I have found that Audio Player Pro brings about a major improvement through quality headphones and even produces a subtle but noticable improvement through a portable bluetooth speaker.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc