Bi-wire options

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Great Britain

Re: Bi-wire options

Unread post by antonio66 »

One dealer said when connecting bi wire speakers with single cable to use the plus cable in the HF and the negative cable in the LF and of course use jumper cables as you've stated Marc. I believe DQ was correct with his post regarding splitting a single cable.

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Re: Bi-wire options

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

My Cubix take this discussion one step further as they can be tri wired/amped. I have only ever heard them with a single cable feeding all the drivers. When I recently upgraded to the LS6 cables I have the full cable going in to the bass drivers and then the thinner cables split out and going to the other two binding posts
(I upgraded my binding posts to gold plated pure copper) and it sounds really good. I am sure having another pair of amps would improve it further but for now I am happy with my lot.
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables