Which Cubes

All general audio posts go here.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Which Cubes

Unread post by CN211276 »

I would go for the biggest Cubes you can afford. I was concerned that the Cube 1s would not work in the dedicated listening area of my rectangular room. I need not of worried and they are fine close to the wall and toed in. A good sound anywhere in the room, unlike the previous point and squirt.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Which Cubes

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Point and squirt is a rather rude term although I do have to say that Quad 57's 'squirt' more than almost any other speaker at high frequencies - they do sound bloody nice though and I think RD grudgingly liked them as well ;)

Four of us were chatting about the Cubes recently (you know who you are as at least two of you own the blessed things in one form or another :)) and we all agreed the Cube 1's were really good, the extra 'body' and bass extension a definite advantage. Even I rather liked Cube 1's when I last heard them :lol: - they just seemed to get out of the way more easily to me.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...