Cubettless

All general audio posts go here.
Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Cubettless

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

Having been using cubetts for a couple of months now I was suddenly in the position of taking them out of my system about a week ago. So connected up my dynaudio's , first thought's not bad, a sound I was very familiar with and carried on as usual. However as time went on I realised something was missing, couldn't put my finger on it but just wasn't inclined to listen for any length of time. Don't get me wrong the dynaudio's are imo are a good speaker, then it dawned on me i was listening to the speakers all the time. When I first got the cubetts I struggled with there presentation a bit (posted here) didn't even realise I had stopped listening to them and the rest of my stuff, just listened to the music and enjoyed it. Now that's quite an achievement for speakers in any price range as far as I am concerned let alone at the price I paid, can't believe they snuck up on me like that, what a brilliant man you were doc, and thanks. Can't wait to have them back.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Cubettless

Unread post by CN211276 »

Ordinaryman wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:47 pm Having been using cubetts for a couple of months now I was suddenly in the position of taking them out of my system about a week ago. So connected up my dynaudio's , first thought's not bad, a sound I was very familiar with and carried on as usual. However as time went on I realised something was missing, couldn't put my finger on it but just wasn't inclined to listen for any length of time. Don't get me wrong the dynaudio's are imo are a good speaker, then it dawned on me i was listening to the speakers all the time. When I first got the cubetts I struggled with there presentation a bit (posted here) didn't even realise I had stopped listening to them and the rest of my stuff, just listened to the music and enjoyed it. Now that's quite an achievement for speakers in any price range as far as I am concerned let alone at the price I paid, can't believe they snuck up on me like that, what a brilliant man you were doc, and thanks. Can't wait to have them back.
I know where you are coming from. I replaced Dynaudio Emit 1s, which are good speakers, with Cube 3s and have not looked back. Traded in the Cube 3s for Cube 1s in the main system and have Cubettes connected to the bedroom system.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

It's funny. I was in love as soon as i made my semi omni speakers and listened to them. I knew straight away that this was the way forward for me.

I am glad they sneaked up on you and that you are now a semi omni convert :dance:
DIY FREE ZONE

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

I have to say at the start couldn't work it out, I was hearing something good but it just didn't go along with what I'd experienced before. Ended up moving them round and round the room,trying to emulate that pas sound in the end just gave up. Left them where they sounded best, low and behold music.