Understanding Cubettes

All general audio posts go here.
Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Re: Understanding cubetts

Unread post by Ordinaryman »

No,not sure want to read technical reports to understand the music in my room! Just nice to enjoy it! This is by no way a criticism of cubetts just an observation of what I hear. As for chambers, that's not how most people listen and so determine what they buy ,Most of the time they buy what they have read about or heard
Right or wrong we are all creatures of enquiries. By the way took cubetts off stands stuck one in corner on record storage other bang upagainst cupboard, sounding better!

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

Yep,ok got that wrong now i have moved speakers, bass and balance so much better, just have to find a way to permanently sort it. Totally the opposite of what I was trying to do with them, thank you!

Ordinaryman
Great Britain

:violin: well beginning to get it now :clap:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Put up a review in NVA reviews when you are ready.

2011stockdg
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 2011stockdg »

How far away from the wall is okay? Mine are about 20cm away and slightly toed inwards? I have found that sometimes they may sound a little thin, but then other times the sound is rock solid as is the bass. I think it's getting used to what the bass should sound like. It's there when it should be there.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

You set it by ear, that is the room tuning. You start next to the wall, if the bass is too hot you inch away until it drops into balance, then you toe in to get the depth and height you want to the image, which is massive compared with other speakers, especially compared to point and squirt.

2011stockdg

Understood. Shall have a play around tomorrow. More than happy with the sound but a little experimentation can't hurt! Father in law visited last weekend. Put on a few tracks to let him hear the nva system. He actually stopped talking. Now that is priceless......

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

2011stockdg wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:35 am Father in law visited last weekend. Put on a few tracks to let him hear the nva system. He actually stopped talking. Now that is priceless......
If that only worked on Mothers-in-Law... ;]
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

2011stockdg

Ithilstone wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 am
2011stockdg wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:35 am Father in law visited last weekend. Put on a few tracks to let him hear the nva system. He actually stopped talking. Now that is priceless......
If that only worked on Mothers-in-Law... ;]
We can only dream!

BilliumB

Unread post by BilliumB »

Would Cubetts, or something higher up in the range, be the perfect speakers to use on a kitchen worktop for a simple kitchen system?

Or, given that the worktop will be about 900mm high, would I need to add a shelf for them higher up on the wall? Need to work best for listening to the radio when standing or sitting on a stool in the room.

Thanks, cheers. Bill