rambling etc

All general audio posts go here.
setting son
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: rambling etc

Unread post by setting son »

I could write about my extensive collection of 19th century nose flutes, if you like?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I can prattle indefinitely about Taoist philosophy and energy (Chi / Qi). I was talking to my oncologist earlier today and I am now his longest surviving lung cancer patient under him, so that is at the Royal Marsden as a whole, he is convinced something else is going on in my genetics fuelling this survival not just the pills, I explained my training and how I manipulate energy in my body, and he says it could well be a reason for it. Though he is not a blocked minded Western Consultant, he is a Hindu of Indian origin so understands Prana the Indian name for Chi.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Doc, look into the Wim Hof method if you get a chance, you may find some of the reading interesting.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Why should I, what can he teach me = nothing. I have been pursuing my knowledge for over 30 years. My school is no longer active but senior student teach my transmission www.art-of-energetics.com

My teacher / sifu, sadly now dead.

http://www.art-of-energetics.com/new/Interview.htm

http://www.art-of-energetics.com/New/tian_zhaolin.htm

His healing / energy work was not taught publicly, I received it as private transmission.

Other cultures

Similar concepts exist in various cultures, including the Latin anima ("breath", "vital force", "animating principle"), Islamic and Sufic ruh, the Greek pneuma, the Chinese qi, the Polynesian mana, the Amerindian orenda, the German od, and the Hebrew ruah. Prana is also described as subtle energy or life force.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Maybe he can’t teach you anything but I’m sure there is always something to learn! His views are really interesting and his techniques are certainly worth looking into. Not all of it will be for everyone but I’m sure there is something to be taken from what he does and teaches.
Squeezebox Touch - Cambridge Audio Azur (pre) - Mycetias 250A Power Amp - Mycetias V2 Speakers

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I am sorry you don't understand, learning this is not an intellectual process. Reading will get you no where, it is about training and feeling. Words tell me nothing.

jimbob
Great Britain

Unread post by jimbob »

Well fair enough, I just thought you may find some of his beliefs and techniques interesting if nothing else. As a side note I think that they should focus on spirituality and meditation in schools. There is so much positivity, both mentally and physically, that can come from it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Much confusion, we live in a age where the commercial way and money has taken over all these things. In the old days it was a Guru and his Premis in India and a Shifu and his Tudis in China, in the west a Master and his apprentice. Chinese way, no money is involved unless as a gift (red envelope) especially at the Chinese New Year, it is almost a form of adoption, your master becomes a second father so you look after him, in return he passes you his knowledge. This used to be the way of apprentice in any skills or crafts to a degree as well. It is a more complex version of the Western Artisan process.

We in the west are infatuated by words, we think all thing can be taught intellectually with books and learning words - with internal knowledge this is impossible, and with all things it is only partial knowledge, the only way to learn something in reality is to do it. The internal arts now rely on words and images to promote and seek students in the commercial western system, so all you can do is invent and bullshit, hence the creation of the marketing man, and money becomes the main element in the relationship. This is why words to try and pass knowledge in the internal arts is pointless and a waste of time apart from to try and get me to buy books videos etc, that teach me nothing of value. One of the main reasons I closed my school as soon as I no longer needed it to make me money.

Even in Hi-Fi that is my way which is one of the reasons NVA is *different* as in other thread. Boy Friday / Ithi will confirm the process as that is how he has been taught and now he understands it. In the early days I had to stop him wanting to read and *learn*, he may learn enough to pass an exam but he would not understand NVA or how it is made, the process is now part of him after a year, he understands, he has no need to discuss or explain it, he just does it. That is what we have largely lost in the modern world. Even in China and India they are rejecting their traditions in favour of the pursuit of money and fame. Sadly is has become the modern way, but not for me.

Don't seek, create a situation / reputation where people seek you.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48467

My ramblings from the archive.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc