Not Hifi or even close but........

All general audio posts go here.
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Not Hifi or even close but........

Unread post by montechristo358 »

Got tasked with organising the music for a funeral whilst far from home, in a Church with no sound system.

Fortunately i had my entire music collection on my phone, so what to play it on?

a rush visit to Tesco yielded little choice so I grabbed one of these

It claims much for its bass response "passive radiator" don't you know :-(

I was not expecting much in the way of quality, i definitely wasn't expecting much in the way of bass.

I was praying for ease of use and reliability.

well blow me, if it didn't fill an entire church with amazing bass and great sound. Its also tiny so makes a great travel speaker and has a 16 hour battery life.

Now don't get me wrong its not Hifi, its not even Stereo. But I can't half reccomend it if you have a need for a compact bluetooth speaker that sounds great for its size.
Last edited by montechristo358 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

scotty38
Kiribati

Re: Not Hifi or even close but........

Unread post by scotty38 »

My youngest lad wanted a bluetooth job for his phone at Uni when he started a couple of years ago so I got him one of the Anker things. About £25 I think and it's not bad at all, used it a few times at BBQs when I couldn't be arsed to sort the normal stuff out.