advice on change

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: advice on change

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Let it go it was just a request to respect advice, not ask for it and then give it.

I am just going my job.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

If you are hell bent on keeping the LP12 then ask John (Alfi) at Audio innovations what he could do for you. John is a top bloke, will not bullshit you and his work is excellent and reasonably priced. :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

Copperblue

Unread post by Copperblue »

I’ve owned a LP12’s in the past and have mates that still do.

The general consensus is to keep it simple. Late 80’s / early 90’s spec is the seeet spot financially with these players. Black liner PEEK bearing, maybe a Lingo power supply for convenience. Arm wise, I was never a fan of Linn arms but you could try an ADC carbon fibre arm, Grace etc - all sweet sounding on the fruit box and cost effective.

All the latest mods are generally small returns for big dosh. Get a good setup to start with and don’t mess with it, should be good or 5 years or more - don’t believe Linn dealers / folklore or you’ll get neurosis and keep spending money!

Alternatively, there are lots of options for really good sounding, cost effective decks out there. I personally think Pink Triangles are astonishing value for money second hand and can be easily maintained and serviced - again don’t believe all the b/s on forums etc find out for yourself!
Pink Triangle PT1 / Funk FXR2 / AT33PTG mk2 / Graham Slee Reflex C / NVA P50SA & NVA A70mk2 / Audio Note AX2 / Auralic Aries Mini / Oppo 103 / NVA LS5 & SSC’s