Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Do I have to watch all that crap.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Linn advertising on BBC

Unread post by CN211276 »

Fast forward.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Irrespective of how good the latest Lp12 is their amps and speakers have always sounded very dry without musical clues to me. Any LP12 goodness will likely be killed. Top LP12 in a good system might be interesting but at that price level there are some serious alternatives.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Classicrock
Great Britain

Gilad thinks hi-fi is objective not subjective. Says it all really.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

I have no idea what system was on the apprentice. But from what little I've seen of this series of the programme, I wouldn't place any trust in the judgement of any of the contestants - on anything. Including how good a hi-fi system sounds.

I did hear Linn's top Exakt £80k 350a speaker based systems a few years ago. I thought it sounded good enough for me to be happy to live with it and listen to it at home. Weakest area was the bass - struggling to make double bass on well recorded jazz sound like the actual instrument instead of a somewhat resonant speaker recreating the instrument. That is a highly provisional opinion of the system as I haven't heard it in a proper AB demo. And at £80k or c£30k 2nd hand I have no interest in buying it.

Gilad, when I saw him in person, did come over as a smug little git. But then I'd have to admit that my opinion is highly biased - due to my natural backlash to the gross over-marketing of his dad.

Classicrock
Great Britain

The system was a streamer plus I assume top speakers and amps (no vinyl to be seen). Frankly the listening session was brief and I doubt contestants were that focused on the sound. One girl asked if it was surround sound (obviously not). Expression on Gilad's face said it all. Bet he wishes he hadn't taken part in the program. He didn't buy any of the paintings they offered for his listening room. I think it was a daft exercise for a management test. Frankly the program is well past it's sell by date. The amount of Linn we saw would hardly boost awareness of the brand or sales.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

It was an exercise in Kosher business technique, you scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Jewish businesses promote and give work to other Jewish business it is a tradition in their society, mostly because of the way Gentiles and Muslims etc have treated them for hundreds of years, so they do tend to work and group together.

Both Sugar and IT are prominent in the Kosher business world.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Classicrock wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:47 pm The system was a streamer plus I assume top speakers and amps (no vinyl to be seen). Frankly the listening session was brief and I doubt contestants were that focused on the sound. One girl asked if it was surround sound (obviously not). Expression on Gilad's face said it all. Bet he wishes he hadn't taken part in the program. He didn't buy any of the paintings they offered for his listening room. I think it was a daft exercise for a management test. Frankly the program is well past it's sell by date. The amount of Linn we saw would hardly boost awareness of the brand or sales.
Thanks, their top speakers are still the 350a's which I've heard.

The Apprentice demo sounds like the Not The Nine O'clock News "I want a gramophone" hi-fi shop sketch. That's a good piss-take question "Is this surround sound?"

BTW will Sugar do a Trump and end up as PM? :grin:
Maybe he will if he's up against a candidate as poor as Hilary Clinton?

So, he didn't buy any of their overpriced paintings and they didn't buy any of his overpriced audio equipment? :violin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

it was a promotion exercise that went wrong because everyone involved in it were Prats. It should be obvious even to those brainless twats that the whole exercise was promotion of Linn, the art buying was the excuse, so to talk over the dem and then make faces because it went too loud was about as big an insult that a marketing person can make. Wank the customer and give him what he wants and he may help you in those circumstances.

But yes it was obviously crap, and the sign is the stress the extra volume created and the fact that it drowned out voices = loudness, and as I have told you many time loudness = ?