One for the Doc - AP50 placement

All general audio posts go here.
Berty bass
Great Britain

Re: One for the Doc - AP50 placement

Unread post by Berty bass »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:58 pm Hi-fi needs room to breath, and I don't mean heat only. Just close proximity is the problem and not just hum fields but also music as the cable maze cross talks.
Okay, further question broadly on topic - as my set up is presently located in the fireplace with speakers either side (at least providing some level of isolation between my turntable and the speakers) I've got speaker cables running alongside both power and signal cables (to the Phono 2 PSU), for at least part of their route anyway. Is it the power cable that's the biggest problem here? If I could somehow lift the power cable away from the signal and speaker cables how far away would I need to get it, do you think? Do the signal and speaker cables interfere with each other in the same way and do I really need to try and separate them too? Any advice gratefully received! Thanks.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Don't worry it is only the usual cable birds nests at the back of racks and tying cables together in looms as some loons do that creates problems, they won't interfere with each other just running next to each other for part length. The only one subject to pick up will be the TT cables from the arm.

Berty bass
Great Britain

Unread post by Berty bass »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:44 pm Don't worry it is only the usual cable birds nests at the back of racks and tying cables together in looms as some loons do that creates problems, they won't interfere with each other just running next to each other for part length. The only one subject to pick up will be the TT cables from the arm.
Duly noted - thanks for the clarification.