All general audio posts go here.
wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Hi-Fi Shows

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Lurcher300b wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:19 pm
wiicrackpot wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:01 pm One shock for me was Rage Against The Machine (customer CD) it was both good and fun, never heard it before, the name had put me off.
That is a shock, Doc liking RATM, :o never heard any of their stuff for the same reason,
the name suggest just tuneless racket.
Ironic this, as the subject that RATM spoke about was very similar to what Richard rails against.
Indeed.
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Interesting as I am not leftist hardly at all, in fact I am a complete mixture or thoughts I even think there is a right time for the right to correct stooopidity, as to a degree Trump is doing and Thatcher before him, pity they all have to be nutters as well, but if under some form of political control (unlike Hitler) they can give society a well deserved reality kick up the bum. But I hate politics as I hate all lies and bullshit, if I voted I would probably be inclined to Lib Dem or the raving loony party.

I think the only way is to be honest in views and tell the truth as you see it, obviously RATM did (does) that. DQ does it but so do people from the other side of the argument which is how we arrive at a form of consensus and not dictatorship.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

wiicrackpot wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm
wiicrackpot wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:14 pm
That is a shock, Doc liking RATM, :o never heard any of their stuff for the same reason,
the name suggest just tuneless racket.
Ironic this, as the subject that RATM spoke about was very similar to what Richard rails against.
Indeed.
My favourite Christmas #1

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5YU2045stc[/BBvideo]

"A searing protest song against police brutality, “Killing in the Name” was the lead single from Rage Against the Machine’s self-titled debut album, initially only reaching #25 on the UK charts in 1993 after being released in November 1992. It was written six months following the Rodney King beating in 1991, which resulted in the L.A. riots.

17 years later, after a Facebook campaign (in response to manufactured artists from a TV show releasing a Christmas single), the single reached #1 on the UK, #2 on the Scottish, #2 on the Irish and #4 on the European Singles Charts. In addition, the song became the Fastest-selling digital track (UK), according to Guinness World Records, with 502,672 downloads.

A little dose of anarchy for the Christmas holidays is good for the soul. I love the independent spirit of the British rock fans. Your country has a great rich history of cutting-edge, exciting rebel music. Whether it’s the early Stones and The Who, or The Clash and Sex Pistols, or Prodigy and Muse, I think that people are just fed up with being represented every Christmas holiday, being spoon fed some overblown, sugary ballad that sits at the top of the charts
- Tom Morello

Additionally, the album cover depicts a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, self-immolating in 1963 in protest of then President Ngô Đình Diệm’s oppression of the Buddhist religion."
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Interesting as I am not leftist hardly at all
Interesting that you think its anything to do with right/left. If anything its Anarchist, which are nether, unless they are co-opted by a particular party for their own aims.

Funnest thing I heard was the BBC I think it was having RATM on live WRT that xmas KITNO, and asking them not to swear when playing it live. I guess they had not listened to the lyrics as when it got to the "Fuck You, I won't do what you tell me" part, oddly enough thats exactly what they did :-).

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

savvypaul wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:59 pm
wiicrackpot wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:24 pm

Indeed.
My favourite Christmas #1

[BBvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5YU2045stc[/BBvideo]

"A searing protest song against police brutality, “Killing in the Name” was the lead single from Rage Against the Machine’s self-titled debut album, initially only reaching #25 on the UK charts in 1993 after being released in November 1992. It was written six months following the Rodney King beating in 1991, which resulted in the L.A. riots.

17 years later, after a Facebook campaign (in response to manufactured artists from a TV show releasing a Christmas single), the single reached #1 on the UK, #2 on the Scottish, #2 on the Irish and #4 on the European Singles Charts. In addition, the song became the Fastest-selling digital track (UK), according to Guinness World Records, with 502,672 downloads.

A little dose of anarchy for the Christmas holidays is good for the soul. I love the independent spirit of the British rock fans. Your country has a great rich history of cutting-edge, exciting rebel music. Whether it’s the early Stones and The Who, or The Clash and Sex Pistols, or Prodigy and Muse, I think that people are just fed up with being represented every Christmas holiday, being spoon fed some overblown, sugary ballad that sits at the top of the charts
- Tom Morello

Additionally, the album cover depicts a Vietnamese Buddhist monk, self-immolating in 1963 in protest of then President Ngô Đình Diệm’s oppression of the Buddhist religion."
Well hi-fi shows need a bit more of it. Four old gits going around the rooms headbanging to their CD or off Tidal as I did it. One of the best fun moments of the show.

ArseHats

Unread post by ArseHats »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:48 pm Interesting as I am not leftist hardly at all, in fact I am a complete mixture or thoughts I even think there is a right time for the right to correct stooopidity, as to a degree Trump is doing and Thatcher before him, pity they all have to be nutters as well, but if under some form of political control (unlike Hitler) they can give society a well deserved reality kick up the bum. But I hate politics as I hate all lies and bullshit, if I voted I would probably be inclined to Lib Dem or the raving loony party.

I think the only way is to be honest in views and tell the truth as you see it, obviously RATM did (does) that. DQ does it but so do people from the other side of the argument which is how we arrive at a form of consensus and not dictatorship.
As far as the well-being of liberal democracy is concerned, diversity of opinion is the form of diversity that matters most. Having people who look different (but may think the same) is necessary, but insufficient.

And the take-offence identity politics of the new left concerns me just as much as the anti-enlightenment tribalism of Trump and the alt-right.
"One whos head is so far up ones own arse that they are wearing ones arse as a hat"

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:12 pm One interesting side effect from the show that is nothing to do with NVA but goes to develop my ever growing hi-fi guru status :lol: :lol: was the reaction to my £30 Sony CD player. I had the same thing 10 years back with my Pioneer PL71 turntable I bought for £35, now you have to pay up to £500 depending on condition. Well i have been keeping quiet about its model number and loads were trying to find a number on it, well it was sold as part of a system and when they come up at ebay it is usually the whole system for sale. I have three of them now, one for me, one for Nadia's system and one spare, so I will let it be public. It is the Sony CDP S1

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=sony+cdp-s1
One of my future projects is to see if I can access a wire digital out, it has an optical out which sounds naff. Or maybe even build in my Chinese £5 DAC, but power supply will have to be external so I may just do what Karns has done and stick it on the back with glue or self adhesive pads.

Ukulele Sam
Great Britain

Unread post by Ukulele Sam »

Unfortunately I didn't get to this room so can't comment on sound but 3Square Audio were using NVA amps to drive their speakers at the show. Anyone get to hear them?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That is why they got no mention from AoS. Will they use them next year - more censorship attempted control games being played.

MarkWoody

Unread post by MarkWoody »

Did get a mention on PFM earlier...

"...my fave dem was a toss up between 3 square audio floorstanders on the end of a rather cute NVA pre/power combo, and the Vox 3 prototypes in the sound kaos room"