Hi-Fi Shows

All general audio posts go here.
Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hi-Fi Shows

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

They can never provide a reliable "way to establish what makes best music" because of the artificial nature of the setup. The biggest problem I have is trying to keep the noise pollution from outside down by keeping the door shut while not passing out from heat stroke because of the closed room and the heat from the kit and sun.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Perhaps rooms should be spaced out more. He did just one side of the corridor, perhaps next time have a dead room between them and include in the cost of the show the in between room for staying in and storing or even chatting in, that would be most convenient.

Even then that doesn't help with the downward SQ as the show fires up and everyone switches on, and then gets louder and louder as the day goes on.

Lurcher300b

Yep, the indulgence show had a show room every second room, but most of the problem is sound from the corridor you often find people will go and stand outside someones else's room to talk.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

At least that way there is more corridor space. We should link Kris to this thread.

Lurcher300b

But less people exhibiting.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

No - there were loads of rooms going around that square that were not being used, there were plenty of rooms to do it with.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

This is how much better a loan scheme is than a show. Just in by email.

Wow!
What a combo!
First impressions are always paramount to me and these units have knocked my Quad Vena into a cocked hat already.
It's on EBay now
I can't quantify the improvement they have made both the my main system and my TV system. I will write a review over the week regardless.
I want one!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So suggestions on how we get the loan scheme more available. As I said earlier it can't be just feet off the street. I see no way to do it through ebay. Other forums wont do it as they either want to harm us or they will get stick from other trade members.

So at least for the moment it has to be getting people as members here so they can partake. Black Friday did a big job at getting gear out there at the expense of most of my profit, but it got the gear out there and talked about. This year I want the Loan Scheme to be the promotion along with the National Hi-Fi Show in Sept, but how do I tie the two together. Simon had ideas but too complicated, I can only think of a printed leaflet explaining benefits, but the first step for all loans is joining here unless another large forum joins us in the process.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Don't be too put off by GDPR. If you are only contacting people who are explicitly requesting that you do so, you are unlikely to fall foul. I can help with dotting the i's and crossing the t's in terms of a privacy policy. GDPR is designed to catch the rogues, not genuine, ethical sellers.

Simon's idea about rolling demos at different price points could create additional interest. Bringing along the lenco would be cool, too.

In the meantime I'll give some thought to other ideas over a few eastern European beers...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/