Hi-Fi Shows

All general audio posts go here.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Hi-Fi Shows

Unread post by Fretless »

https://www.3squareaudio.com/

Image taken from the 3 Square website. They are based in Derby and produce speakers and stands.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

MarkWoody
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MarkWoody »

MarkWoody wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 pm Did get a mention on PFM earlier...

"...my fave dem was a toss up between 3 square audio floorstanders on the end of a rather cute NVA pre/power combo, and the Vox 3 prototypes in the sound kaos room"
Fucking hell, how much are they charging per level of that stand!?

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Fretless wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 pm Image

https://www.3squareaudio.com/

Image taken from the 3 Square website. They are based in Derby and produce speakers and stands.
It gets better...3 Square was co-founded by a man named Stuart Dunn. :lol:

There are a couple of other shots that include the NVA amp on his Facebook page which were taken at the 2017 Northwest Audio Show I think.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

MarkWoody wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 pm Did get a mention on PFM earlier...

"...my fave dem was a toss up between 3 square audio floorstanders on the end of a rather cute NVA pre/power combo, and the Vox 3 prototypes in the sound kaos room"
And TonyL has allowed it :shock:

Post will be edited soon.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just wired up the show system here, FFS it is back being magic again. AND I haven't even wired in the miniBMU yet. It was good at the show, better so I am told than most there, and obviously better value, but musically now it is in a different league. I complain about my mains all the time but it is not killing the music as much as that hotel did.

Perhaps I should take my own generator and park it in the car park next time. Shows really don't do it, private bake-offs are a better way to go, not organised as a show in an event place like the NVA one next week that NVA is banned from. BUT in a real room in a real house with real people and real music, but apart from Savvy we can't seem to get them going here, and he is out on a limb oooop norf.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Probably the best way to get reality with establishing how good a product is is a well organised and run loan scheme.

I have been rethinking the way I do this. ATM it works but is a PITA to organise and control. I had similar problems with the sales orders through the forum until I made each thread just about that one order, so there could be multiple threads about the same product on order and each can be controlled and delay and delivery inf given. Well from now I am going to run the loan scheme the same, instead of threads per product for loan members will make a thread about what they wish to borrow and I will give time span, and more than one item per type can be made available, obviously limited by availability and still sometimes a wait will be involved.

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

No surprise on TAS that I cant see a single thread about the Cranage Show!!! Plenty of bollocks talk on 'best film' 'Look at my holiday photos' 'be Vegan with me please'........ Sums them up really.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Am pleased the show went well. There are still favourable comments on PFM. From what I have read it would appear that the average age of attendees was no younger than at other hifi shows, correct me if I am wrong. This is disappointing as admission was free with a complementary beveridge. The starter NVA system is likely to appeal most to young first time buyers. Some young people appreciate good music. It appears that the average age of those attending the recent Rolling Stones concert I was at was considerably younger than at the show with the cheapest tickets costing three figure sums and drinks £5.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

keepitsimplestupid
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

I enjoyed the show, there was a right mixture of kit. Some of the big dick stuff pulled it off, some of it failed miserably.

Let's be honest here, for £600 you had no competition in any of the rooms. (Though that mid-sunday afternoon Swiss jazz, sheesh.)

The Neat room was good, that 5 way OB stuff was good, the first G-point room was decent if you wanted scale at the expense of intimacy. I liked Guy's room though it was lacking a bit of sparkle. I liked the Karma Av room with the mullet set-up £1500 Emotiva pre and power fronting 10k speakers. The TADs were awful. I heard them being sublime at Munich so I'll put it down to the room.

Of all the shows I do think this is my favourite, relaxed, no real hard sell and a real variety of kit at all price points.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

What's wrong with Radio Swiss Jazz, I am listening to it ATM as I work, on the show system, and the music here pisses on that at the show even though that was good, I want more than good, and I get that here.

I still say, and others are agreeing with me that as the show fired up the SQ went down, it causes a lowest common denominator effect, you can still pick best or better dems but it has become largely hi-fi, I lost my musical magic I had early morning and late evening BUT even that still not as good as here.

Anyway I am doing the National Show in September as already booked and I will have a more professional go at promoting the value for money thing, as a lot just didn't believe or understand it when faced with all the rip-off around them that they think is normal. BUT for me now my promotion effort is all about the loan scheme, only then will people understand or hear what NVA is about. I really like bake-offs but I am blocked apart from here so they are seen as NVA bake-offs. I will still do them if invited and I hope my customers partake in them as well.

Simon you are welcome to get loans on what ever you like and report on it.