Has thanked: 0

Re: Definition

Unread post by joe »

If in doubt, turn up the volume.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

CycleCoach wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:16 pm Listening to music and evaluating your system seem to be conflicting aims. I know which one I prefer doing!
Good music means good system, just ensure when you think it is better it is because of your music not the effect of a sound difference.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

karatestu wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:01 pm Coming from a mostly DIY angle I have witnessed myself what simplifying things can do for music playing abilities. Forget all the nonsense and some one telling you it wont work - try it yourself and then evaluate.

Simplifying things can only go so far though. I have simplified power supplies but the number of simple power supplies seems to be growing :roll: Goes against the KISS but works musically. For example NVA power amps and phono stages get more psu's as you go up the range. Clearly there is benefit as each is added.

Forget everything written by so called hifi guru's (Doc excepted), trust your own ears and listen to the music not the gear. Much effort, heartache and wasting of money avoided :guiness;
Make it simple, then make each simple thing the best it can be - simples :mrgreen:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

It has always been about the music with me. I lost interest in hifi in the mid 80s and hardly changed any components in 30 years. My interest was rekindled in recent years through the internet. Discovering NVA was an eye opener and has resulted in major investment in the last 18 months as, to put it simply, more music is coming through and the prices are not silly. I am now playing more music than ever before and familiar recordings from last decades have taken on a new lease of life.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

We feel like some small evangelist church, not a fundamental truth that has been bypassed and lost, but you have to start somewhere. BUT at least I am not pissing into the wind like it felt for about 30 years.

It is something fundamental though, as finding it again it just becomes so obvious, no brainwash, no slurping salesmen, no magazine ego guru fest, just music sitting in front of your face and ears.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

It was the brainwashing that made me loose interest in the mid 80s. Hearing an LP12 was a king with no clothes on moment. I realised that everything I had read in the magazines was :Bllocks:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc