Headphones

All general audio posts go here.
Shevans
Great Britain

Re: Headphones

Unread post by Shevans »

I bought some AKG’s today, the Y50BT (Bluetooth. AptX).

Out the box no bass and horrid, starting to sound better, using them wired but have hires Bluetooth plans in the future. Lead is about 1.2m long so far too short but uses a 2.5mm stereo socket so need to hunt about for a longer lead.

Argos actually sell them labelled as C50BT, identical to the Y50BT but much, much cheaper :o

Pianist~Envy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by Pianist~Envy »

Just to confirm Shevans' comments, in case anyone wants at least half-decent sound on the move via Bluetooth at a knockdown price:

Confirmation (possibly) of the model, being the same as the twice-as-expensive Y50BT: https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057832273

And the link to buy at Argos:
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7422227

Hope this isn't shilling... I don't work for Argos. Worth pointing out a bargain!
"Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." ~ Frederic Chopin

Amps/cables: NVA P50sa (48 step), A40 mk3, LS6, SSP
Digi/source: ARCAM CDS50
PaS: Troels Gravesen Scanspeak Discovery 3-Way Classic (homemade)

Music lover and piano dork.

Karnevil9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

Karnevil9 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:47 am I have a mate down the road that buys all my unwanted LP's & Hi-Fi stuff :lol: Anyhow he's a big Headphone listener & claims that everything i dislike about the AKG models i owned are not present in their 'K141, Mk.2' Headphones.. being impulsive as i am i saw a minty pair on E-Bay yesterday for less than £50, so i bought them as well :grin:
Um ok ive been listening over the last two days & the conclusion is im sticking with the AKG 'K141, Mk.II' I like the sound of them compared to a hand ful of other AKG ive had.. Best bit is they only cost me £50 2nd hand, Minto condition, Dead easy to drive, Detachable lead with mini XLR & Velour Ear pads as well as the leatherette jobbies.. They just suit the Music i listen & headphone unit i use..

:dance: