Do Hi-Fi Forums have a sell by date

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Do Hi-Fi Forums have a sell by date

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

If they have then PFM is long past it. It seems stuck in the past, the past arguments, the past products, the past ideas, the past members, etc.

AoS has lost its pretend ego based hi-fi guru, he seems to think he knows it all now and educating members with his ego falacies doesn't entertain him any more (or he has realised he knows feck all). It is all about words, one, three, weather, food - music seems to have disappeared apart from Biggy finding best music for MY bake-off I can't attend.

Wigwam has gone and should be forgotten, unless someone steps in and rescues it.

Others still seem to serve a purpose apart from SOA (snakeoily). Not sure what that serves apart from Rudi's lunacy.

Karnevil9
Been thanked: 0

Re: Do Hi-Fi Forums have a sell by date

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

There is only so much you can talk about. I quick look thru some of the forums you see people starting Topics they seen started on others. So boring & repetitive. Some forums just bind on about the same old crap again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Apart from here i only read the diy rooms. Even then there is only so much i can endure. No, not another best capacitor for a Naim thread :naughty:
DIY FREE ZONE

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Apart from HFS the only other one I visit regularly is TAS and that is solely for entertainment value. The fuse thread tops the bill. :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

joe

Unread post by joe »

I rarely bother with hifi threads any more. I should really give up on the forums too.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

I quite enjoy PFM for the music and classic equipment threads - quite logical really, as my system is fairly settled now, I am quite happy since buying NVA (I know that sounds awfully sycophantic).
Art of Sound - I don't mind the "food threads", but again not too bothered by the equipment "discussions".

I think that the main difference between here and elsewhere is the lack of bragging here about how much your system costs and, for example, how it makes sense to spend about the equivalent of two weeks worth of state pension on a fuse - how many pages has that run to now :shock:
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1