Mini review

All general audio posts go here.
Leadhead
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mini review

Unread post by Leadhead »

Evening all,
Thought I'd do a wee review of my new purchases from Richard to lighten the mood somewhat and refocus on what's important to us here.
I had a week with the ap20 loan stuff and thoroughly enjoyed it. I haven't heard many systems at all really, but really enjoyed the marantz Pearl lite stuff that I have which, for me, is not exactly cheap, but the ap20 was just better. At a ridiculously low price in comparison.
So, with a bit of post Xmas cash, I bought an A60, some LS5 cables, and an AP10h.
With the A60 in place with my own cables that Richard said would be ok , using the pre out of the marantz, I didn't hear that much difference to be honest but still enjoyable. Move on a month, and the LS5 are now in place, the marantz has gone, and using my DIY pre via my turntable, I'm sitting here after a hard day's boat building, listening to Zep's How the west was won remaster in amazement. It sounds bloody awesome! No-one around so quite loud and its like I'm back in 1972 😁 actual laugh out loud moments.
I suppose I'll have to try out the phono 2 now to see what else could possibly be improved..........oh well. In the meantime I'll look forward to replacing my attempt at a passive with the P50sa that's on order and enjoying it that bit more.
All the best, Dave
Diy tt, Audiomods classic, AT 150mlx or AT 33ptgii or Rondo bronze, EE minimax phono, NVA P50sa passive, Oppo 105d, NVA A60, LS5, Tannoy precision 6.2. NVA AP10H

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Mini review

Unread post by karatestu »

NVA power amp is much better with a passive pre as you have found out. Enjoy :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

Leadhead
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Leadhead »

Totally agree, I'm sure my simple attempt with just a 20k alps pot will be way short of what's really required 😁
Diy tt, Audiomods classic, AT 150mlx or AT 33ptgii or Rondo bronze, EE minimax phono, NVA P50sa passive, Oppo 105d, NVA A60, LS5, Tannoy precision 6.2. NVA AP10H

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Just done the upgrade (couple of weeks ago) to the P50 SA from the P50 pot version - massive step up in performance.

Glad you have found NVA :grin:

Wish I had done so many many years ago.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.