Hi fi Hum

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Hi fi Hum

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Hum through the speaker then I agree with you, but we at this moment are talking about physical transformer hum. This is why I wrote my earlier post, it is pointless talking about both on the same thread, they are completely different and have different causes. People will just get confused, which I refuse to let happen here!!!! reserve it for PFM TAS and AOS, all full of confused people.

They are different talk about them separately. It needs TWO threads to stop the leak over and confusion. Or at the beginning of each post you need to say which one you are referring to.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Well the OP mentioned 3 types for starters. Was talking in general but two types I find most annoying (as in previous post). 1. Earth related and 2. Transformer buzz / hum.

If we are discussing transformer noise only - The interesting conundrum regarding transformer noise is why it varies by location and system matching. Are BMU or DC blockers universally beneficial to transformer hum issues?
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I didn't say that - I will say again by mixing them on the same thread or not saying which one you are referring to then you just create confusion for readers.

They are different hums, different problems, different causes, even different transducers, in fact absolutely nothing in common apart from all being irritating - please separate them.