WTF?!

All general audio posts go here.
Daniel Quinn

Re: WTF?!

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I am, and I agree with you, but measuring it so they are all the same is easily possible given it's done by computer. If the marketing dept wish to make a feature of it, then so be it.

You and others make of it ,what you wish.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I must be having an influence as NO ONE ever mentioned the use of a Faraday Cage in anything to do with Hi-Fi until I started to explain it (been using it for years) and how I used it starting a couple of years ago. Even then they got it wrong by earthing it. Earthing it is creating a screen, not earthing creates a Faraday Cage, I even had to correct some bollocks on forums, one notable one was Brains, as he reads here and then copies, encouraged by Marco.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Naim SNAIC interconnects used the outer screen as a Faraday cage (as I now know it) that wasn't connected at all at either end and the sound was altered by having unshielded left, right, common return and +24VDC all passing down the same multi-core cable. Not sure which bit induced taxi radios into the music but the audio cable from the supply to the bigger amps went further and just used three core mains cable for the stereo audio signal along with plastic moulded XLR plugs.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Even a Faraday Cage couldn't save you from problems and interference if you did something that stoooopid.