(in)FAMOUS SLURPS

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: (in)FAMOUS SLURPS

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Perhaps it is time for a new grouping or campaign. When the beer industry became overpriced shite the Campaign for Real Ale was formed. Perhaps we need a Campaign for Real Hi-Fi.

Rectified
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rectified »

Im not sure who are the worst. The sellers of this stuff or the buyers!

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:46 am MCRU stocks SR but not this :-?
I'm sure he'll get it for anyone that asks.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

keepitsimplestupid
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by keepitsimplestupid »

It's interesting that through all that nicely rendered 3D video for the SR cable there's not a single claim made about a reduction in EMI pickup. They don't claim that it reduces noise, improves SNR, or that it eliminates any form of electrical noise.

There's a good reason for that- it's total bollocks.

The only cable brand I've ever seen present anything in terms of noise spec is Shunyata, who do it for one of their cheaper shielded mains cables. They don't do it for any of their expensive crap, just their entry level, double braid and foil shielded mains cable. I guess the expensive must be so good they can't measure the level of improvement that it offers...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I tell you what has got right up my nose and finished me with Dave Brooks is he knows those plug fuses are illegal, he knows by selling them he is breaking the law. Any HONEST dealer would have withdrawn them from sale, he hasn't. That proves that the SLURP is the only important thing to him, his customer safety is meaningless to him, his own liability in law is meaningless ("I will find someone else to blame").

This is not acceptable professional behaviour in my mind. It is spiv / "loads a money" mentality. No responsibility.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm I tell you what has got right up my nose and finished me with Dave Brooks is he knows those plug fuses are illegal, he knows by selling them he is breaking the law. Any HONEST dealer would have withdrawn them from sale, he hasn't. That proves that the SLURP is the only important thing to him, his customer safety is meaningless to him, his own liability in law is meaningless ("I will find someone else to blame").

This is not acceptable professional behaviour in my mind. It is spiv / "loads a money" mentality. No responsibility.
Doc this behaviour has been obvious since he has been on forums. May be a good bloke in person but so are all good salesmen until you dig deeper. I would also guess that many of the mains cables he sells are not strictly legal. Same goes for Russ Andrews and others. Purely in that they don't conform to the Uk colour coding for live, neutral and earth. I do wonder why dealers feel they have to push this rubbish. My guess is they are either greedy or don't generate enough from equipment sales these days. The foo products have expanded exponentially since the hi-fi industry started it's long contraction.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Mcru as the retailer of these fuses , is responsible for any liabilities they give rise to. Let hope is insurance is up to date. O wait a minute , he knows they are illegal and as such they will refuse to indemnify him ;)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Rectified wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:33 pm Im not sure who are the worst. The sellers of this stuff or the buyers!
In this case of the fuses it is MartinT who has shown the most stupidity, in his system, in his ability to defend his choices, especially the illegal ones. At least he has shut up now and stopped shilling them, which for a forum owner was a disgrace.

OK it turns out the only thing important to MCRU is the slurp, not his customer safety and legality, but you could say that is why he does it. So why does MartinT do it.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

It seems quite obvious why Martin T does it, though difficult to proove. He blew a fuse when this was commented on earlier in this thread with threats of legal action. At least he has shut up now.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Classicrock wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:08 pm
Purely in that they don't conform to the Uk colour coding for live, neutral and earth. I do wonder why dealers feel they have to push this rubbish. My guess is they are either greedy or don't generate enough from equipment sales these days. The foo products have expanded exponentially since the hi-fi industry started it's long contraction.

I've just checked the Mark Grant mains lead I've had here for a few years now (I had the standard AOS-member discount on it, nothing more). He once claimed on AOS the cable is rated at 37A or so (it was in a discussion about Naim's fancy-foo mains cable). I can confirm that the MG cable uses good quality MK mains plugs (flexible top type) with BS standard 13A fuse installed and the conductors are correctly coloured for UK use. Excellent thing and it's fifty quid, so I don't think he's making silly money in making it up...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...