1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
CN211276
Wales

Re: Crooked useless dealer

Unread post by CN211276 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:28 pm
Tried - they don't care, it is second hand and they have said what has been done to it, so it is buyer beware.
Does not surprise me. I bought a phone from them once. new. It turned out to be a piece of crap and EBay did not want to know. I learned my lesson.
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P90SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA TSCS, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 pm

Just received this reply from emporium hi fi in response to my suggestion they should not sell them as they no longer meet class 2 and are dangerous. I will ask them to prove their statement given they said "No" earlier.

New message from: emporiumhificom (6,391Green Star)
Absolutely not, they now have better insulation than they did when they were new
Last edited by Alfi on Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Great Britain

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 pm

They are wrong, one layer of insulation has been removed at one spot internally. That is enough to be denied CE on class II regs. Dangerous, well highly unlikely, just ignorant people interfering in things they don't understand. Perhaps you should link him to this thread.

I recon if put back to correct standard and the case sorted (as long as they haven't superglued it) I could get £300 for them, but it is a full rebuild - new PCBs, so I would only give £100 to get it off his hands.

mikeyb48
Great Britain

Unread post by mikeyb48 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:17 am

I nearly put an offer in for an amp they were selling only to find out from someone who knew the amp to avoid it like the plague as it didn't sound like it was supposed to due to someone fiddling with it 😉

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:33 pm

I have a few words for them, "Bastards" and "Hands Off" :angry-screaming:
I have had this done also it like a chair understanding the carpenter ,IT CAN'T :angry-fire:
Retired.

It is I, Leclerc
Great Britain

Unread post by It is I, Leclerc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:11 pm

The 'Bay is a place to look out for sharks and "Shark Warnings" are always welcome to us wary swimmers. When I look at speakers I always investigate the pics in detail and I'm amazed at how many "working perfectly" pairs have pushed in tweeter domes or disintegating surrounds.
You would think any scrupulous dealer would bin an item with a botched up repair. I'll certainly keep their name on my mental list of places to be wary of.