More

All general audio posts go here.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
antonio66

Re: More

Unread post by antonio66 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:36 am

Why are we going over the same ground again, this is not pfm or Wigwas?

Daniel Quinn
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am
Nicaragua

Re: More

Unread post by Daniel Quinn » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 am

More is better, it's just a question of which.
Even a stroke didn't result in me liking AOS

User avatar
CN211276
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:29 am
Location: Cardiff
Wales

Re: More

Unread post by CN211276 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:16 am

Im looking forward to the 2018 gallery thread on PFM for a laugh. :lol:
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way

NVA BMU, Sonore microRendu/McRU PS, AQ J-bug, Wirewold Ultraviolet, Chord Qutest, NVA P50SA, NVA A80sMk2, NVA Cube 3s, NVA LS6, NVA TIS mk2. Rega Planar 3, Denon DL-110, NVA Phono 1, NVA SSP Mk2, Grado SR 325e, headphones, Chord Mojo.

Second system
Arcam Miniblink Bluetooth DAC, Marantz pm 5004, Wharfdale Diamond 121, NVA LS2.

Out and about
Oppo PM3, Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Alfi
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Kidwelly West Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: More

Unread post by Alfi » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:44 pm
Good point. Exceptions always prove the rule Nick. Power supplies are something that bigger and more pays off musically.

BUT power supplies are not in the music path, that was my main point, what sits in the way of the music. Comment stimulated by that Norwegian thing posted about tonight.
I posted the link to it as the pfm brigade appeared impressed enough to suggest it's a good amp at £1,500!

I surely wasn't as impressed given that it goes against everything NVA stands for and simply wanted to garner HFS members and the Docs opinion on this :bulls1:


Alfi.
Last edited by Alfi on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

Alfi
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Kidwelly West Wales
Contact:
Wales

Re: More

Unread post by Alfi » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:31 am

CN211276 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:16 am
Im looking forward to the 2018 gallery thread on PFM for a laugh. :lol:

I'm sure there'll be some pretty systems presented for show. pretty bloody expensive for certain, willy waving bunch as they are. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some fawning members will probably respond along the lines of... "Ooh your system (looks) awesome, I bet it sounds great," Yeah, looks sort of nice I suppose, but performs like shite most probably :lol:

Alfi.
Heavily modified LP12, Sole VIII sub-chassis, "In Sole" advanced polymer suspension, Ai bearing, PU7, DV20X2, Norton Airpower clone. Technics SL110A, AT 1005, Denon DL301A. NVA Phono 2 MC (2 power supplies), NVA P50 SA, NVA A40 Mk1 power amps, custom birch ply Allison 6/NVA Cube 1 clones, NVA TIS mk2 , SSC, LS6.

antonio66

Re: More

Unread post by antonio66 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:02 am

Come on Alfi, "but performs like shite most probably". I thought this forum was Subjectivist and so what's good for one maybe not good for another. As to More, we heard the new £30,000 Boulder amp, and yes of course it's ridiculously expensive and most probably full to the brim with electronics, but partnered by a Weiss dac and YG speakers gave the best sounds at the Windsor show and there were far more expensive systems there, one in the same room.

User avatar
Hemmo1969
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:57 am
Location: South Yorkshire
Great Britain

Re: More

Unread post by Hemmo1969 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am

Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:

User avatar
karatestu
Posts: 1175
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:40 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Great Britain

Re: More

Unread post by karatestu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am

Hemmo1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am
Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:
That would be funny :lol: My system has no cases what so ever except for phono1 and bmu. Sat on 2ft square chipboard sheets with all components on show and wires all over the place. Looks like shit so the willy waving bling lovers would probably say "i bet it sounds messy" :grin:
Naim, Linn & Harbeth fanboy

User avatar
zebbo
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:22 am
Location: As close to France as you can get.
Great Britain

Re: More

Unread post by zebbo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 am

karatestu wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am
Hemmo1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am
Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:
That would be funny :lol: My system has no cases what so ever except for phono1 and bmu. Sat on 2ft square chipboard sheets with all components on show and wires all over the place. Looks like shit so the willy waving bling lovers would probably say "i bet it sounds messy" :grin:
I need a picture of that so I can show my other half how lucky she is !! :lol: :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with constrained layer plinth / SME V / Benz Gullwing SLR, Phono 3 + 2X BBPSU - MEGA!, NVA P90sa, NVA Cubix-Pro, (top & mid sections). (Oh and a Pioneer BDP LX70A when I just want some background music!)

User avatar
karatestu
Posts: 1175
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:40 pm
Location: North Yorkshire
Great Britain

Re: More

Unread post by karatestu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:31 am

zebbo wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:25 am
karatestu wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:22 am
Hemmo1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 am
Being somewhat new here I’m guessing we don’t have a ‘show us your systems’ thread then. :twisted: :twisted:
That would be funny :lol: My system has no cases what so ever except for phono1 and bmu. Sat on 2ft square chipboard sheets with all components on show and wires all over the place. Looks like shit so the willy waving bling lovers would probably say "i bet it sounds messy" :grin:
I need a picture of that so I can show my other half how lucky she is !! :lol: :lol:
Maybe one day , but i am not sure people on here are ready to see such things yet :lol:

Been reading your comments in the vinyl engine Pink triangle room :grin:
Naim, Linn & Harbeth fanboy

Post Reply