What turntable do you use and why ?

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: What turntable do you use and why ?

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

kellerist wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 am I'm still thinking about buying a TT.
Some of you advised that I should hear a good setup and decide that this kind of sound is my cup of tee or not before starting to invest in a system. My full system, except the source is NVA now, so the best solution would be a TT in a NVA setup.
I will travel to London on 25th October with my wife, and will come home on 29th. Except 28th (Eagles-Jaguars), we don't have anything fixed. I'd be very glad if any of you would be so kind and would allow me to listen to a few tracks.
You know you are welcome here in S. London.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Some of you advised that I should hear a good setup and decide that this kind of sound is my cup of tee or not before starting to invest in a system. My full system, except the source is NVA now, so the best solution would be a TT in a NVA setup.
I will travel to London on 25th October with my wife, and will come home on 29th. Except 28th (Eagles-Jaguars), we don't have anything fixed. I'd be very glad if any of you would be so kind and would allow me to listen to a few tracks.
The problem / beauty of turntables is that you could listen to someone's good quality setup and think it was crap, but change just one of the components, arm, cart or both and it's transformed into something that has your jaw on the floor.
If you're travelling via Dover you would be more than welcome to listen to my Garrard 401 / SME V / Benz Gullwing setup.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

Hi Zebbo,
Thank you very-very much, but we will fly! The CubixPro itself is very interesting, but I can't miss the NVA towers!

kellerist
Hungary

Unread post by kellerist »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:24 am
You know you are welcome here in S. London.
Thank you very much, I'll send a pm.

John Rackham
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by John Rackham »

kellerist wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:02 am A piece of art. I'm not sure that my house is worth 75000...
Silly, I didn't pay anywhere near as much as that for the TT.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

John Rackham wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:29 am
kellerist wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:02 am A piece of art. I'm not sure that my house is worth 75000...
Silly, I didn't pay anywhere near as much as that for the TT.
Well you must have paid around half retail if you got it S/H. They aren't giving these away and there aren't many around. There are one or two £25K models that get rated above Techdas. It certainly is more than most spend on a car and even a house in many parts of the UK. Beautiful looking beast if you can accommodate and afford it and sure it sound top notch. Some here would say it majors on bling.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

It seems Calico Jack lives in Wolverhampton, must be some pretty spiffing houses up there - eh what!

Karnevil9
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Karnevil9 »

I managed to get old of an old 'The Oak' turntable from the 80's, What ever is the simple these days with me.. Got a bit of work to do on it but it is a suprisingly good sounding deck & my fave way Flyweel [Belt around the outside of the platter]