What's In Your Ears

All general audio posts go here.
TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: What's In Your Ears

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Maybe this thread should be renamed to "What's in your head?" There is no technically supported evidence there is a problem with EMR and the assertions on the web are little more than that. I pass on the mental health aspects. Not my field.
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

Fretless wrote:Image
I like the fade to red at the top of those graph columns and feel they are trying to indicate *something.*

It isn't very scientific though, is it?

I mean, does read mean danger? or anger? or is it supposed to make something we don't quite understand more scary?

:mrgreen:
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Try this:

Or this:

The only point I was trying to clarify is that our technology-based world is exposing us to a rapidly increasing quanity of EMR - levels never earlier reached in human history. The long-term effect of which is completely unknown.

Oh, and this one: The increase in Alzheimer's syndrome in industrialised societies.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

I was deliberately being provocative Fretless, (sorry) but I have no problem agreeing that there is a huge ramping up of RF exposure - my issue is what it relates to?
Your first graph seems to imply a correlation with an increase in spectrum disorders, but there is a great deal of evidence showing simply that there is much-improved awareness and more diagnosis as a result: as with many illnesses (like Alzheimer's and many cancers.)
My argument is that we don't know it's dangerous until we have some science to back it up although it certainly should be the subject of some research.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

We should be careful because correlation is not a proof of causation.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

There is research being done in Europe and the USA. But it goes against the interests of big business and governments and is being kept underfunded and in the shadows.

If you see brain functions / nerve transmissions as being very subtle electrochemical processes then these can be 'disturbed' in a similar way to an unshielded audio interconnect picking up radio signals (to use a hifi analogy). Too much of that and you cannot hear your own music for all the random garbage being received.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Unread post by TheMadMick »

Fretless wrote:There is research being done in Europe and the USA. But it goes against the interests of big business and governments and is being kept underfunded and in the shadows.

If you see brain functions / nerve transmissions as being very subtle electrochemical processes then these can be 'disturbed' in a similar way to an unshielded audio interconnect picking up radio signals (to use a hifi analogy). Too much of that and you cannot hear your own music for all the random garbage being received.
There has been research done by what was the National Radiological Protection Board (NRPB) who are a government body. They found no justifiable correlation between EMR in these frequencies and any ill health.

There was a cancer scare (leukemia) at Dounreay in the North of Scotland,. There was, what was known as a cluster, around the area but it was not necessarily down to the environment. There was no correlation to similar areas in the UK and there are other clusters which are completely unrelated. Simply goes to show that CycleCoach's warning holds good. That does not mean there shouldn't be research - but jumping to conclusions only wastes valuable resource that could be better used elsewhere.

Hope this helps. :grin:
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).