Wharfedale E30

All general audio posts go here.
BillyBones
Great Britain

Wharfedale E30

Unread post by BillyBones »

I visited a local antique and retro shop the other day and came across these for sale.
ImageImage

The shop owner didn't know what they were and I didn't have time to get them down and investigate further, but I'm pretty sure they are Wharfedale E30's from the 70's. From a distance they looked in pretty decent nick, and I wondered whether they are worth a punt, and in particular how would they pair with my NVA A60mkII amp? Anyone got any experience with them?

Cheers

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: Wharfedale E30

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

They scream and shriek like f*ck and throw the sound at you with no grace or refinement, but are incredibly involving because of it. A bit like a small UK version of the baby Klipsch models of old. An A60mk2 would be perfect for them.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:They scream and shriek like f*ck and throw the sound at you with no grace or refinement, but are incredibly involving because of it.
That exactly what i heard when i heard a pair of Heresie's and they were driven by Rogers Cadets anaw,
owner was waxing lyrical about them but i was struggling to say something nice to the owner. :grin:

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:They scream and shriek like f*ck and throw the sound at you with no grace or refinement, but are incredibly involving because of it. A bit like a small UK version of the baby Klipsch models of old. An A60mk2 would be perfect for them.
Nice one!

You don't read reviews like that on WhatHiFi or in HiFi Choice :lol:

I'm watching a pair on Ebay with quite a few bids so I'll see what they go for, and then I might just go and ask the shop how much they want. Might be a bit of fun, and when I'm fed up of them I could always sell them on. I do like the old look.