Fora Personalities whose advise is best avoided

All general audio posts go here.
Daniel Quinn

Fora Personalities whose advise is best avoided

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

In view of recent events I though it would be prudent to offer a synopsis of people who can be found on various forums and whose opinion is best avoided on matters of hifi but who actually think they have something important to say . So here goes , more to follow as and when ;)

Marco – self-obsessed dictatorial hypocritical misogynistic bully. Lacks empathy or nuanced understanding, the list of things that have made an unbelievable difference to his hifi stretches any reasonable persons credulity , former flat earth disciple who listens to 15 inch dual concentric Tannoys in a broom cupboard . The fact is techie turntable sits a top 12 fake mana tables tell you all you need to know. Prone to hyperbole and profuse use of smiles. Of no use whatsoever in helping you decide what hifi you should audition, but strangely he as entirely of the opposite belief.

ywan : Belligerent man child . Doesn’t like alternative opinions, who is saying it is more important to him that what is actually being said , relies on cliques to advocate his opinion and visa versa. He as an unusual reviewing style , he adopts what he thinks is a professional approach copied from magazines but largely relies on hyperbole . The example par excellence is his is review of a rg316 cable ,which contains so much shite Thames water had to employ extra staff to dispose of it . Funnily enough this cable was transformed with the addition of 12 neodymium magnets . Most opinions based on hearing something for 10 minutes at a show.

RFC : Best avoided , lacks and open mind and charges 4.5k for speakers with generic driver costing less than £200 Possess an overwhelming desire to be a respected member of the mainstream audio community and accordingly there is a 100% correlation between his opinions on hifi and his commercial interests. Talks a load of cut and paste theory he doesn’t really understand .c f- any comment on crossovers.

Jandl- wanna-be-reviewer and box swapper. Used to talk shite on hifi pig and gave every thing 10 out of 10 King of hyperbole and author of the famous “dynamic glass ceiling Jerry is a paradox , uses a graphic equaliser with the £22,000 speakers and has listened to a lot of kit , but I am unable to respect one opinion he actually as on hifi . Probably because he as no credibility or integrity and relies largely on hyperbole with no substance, one of those people who simply expects you to accept what he says and sulks when questioned. His Achilles heel is his inability to express differences in product in any meaningful sense , cf. his comments on a £90 fuse .

Martint – Famous for shilling a £695 mains cable for MCRU , Mr T is the original golden ears this man can hear subtle changes in the presentation of his music that mere mortals would spend a life time trying to hear . He has spent the past 10 years , getting incremental changes in his hifi every week , week in week out , god only know what 520 incremental improvements to your hifi sounds like , but don’t ask Mr T , as he is not very good at offering perspective . Fine if you like cod scientific hyperbole.

However the most amusing thing about this is after 10 years of week in week out improvements ,he gets a new listening room and it is so much better you wouldn’t believe it. If you don’t believe it there are 35 pages on TAS telling you . Mr T's opinion is clouded by the money he as spent , best avoided.

Mikemusic- everything he writes at tas , is idiotic . Avoid at all costs.
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Lindsayt (Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:29 am)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Fora Personalities whose advise is best avoided

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This is going to end up as a long list DQ, you could say a life's work. BTW you are mixing up flatty and wanker, the RG316 was wanker, flatty just nods his head in agreement.

Daniel Quinn

oops yes , amended .

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

You probably don't care, but this thread is going to SERIOUSLY piss off certain people, who at day's end are only trying to share their hobby, aren't they?

Maybe I've got it all wrong yet again - I'm getting good at that - but one day, some of these people are going to hear far cheaper stereo's that will annihilate theirs, assuming their ego's will allow it, and only then will common sense begin to rule. But if they can afford it, hey, who are we to judge:)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Daniel Quinn

All of the people listed are in my opinion on account of all they have said and done valid targets. I also do not think any of the things I have said are inaccurate .

If only this list had been available when I was a forum newcomer in 2009. ;)

I also think your speculation on why they are why they are is more speculative and offensive than anything I have said

Macca
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Macca »

'advice'

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I doubt anyone here would include you in this bunch of nob heads Macca.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Bob McC - Brain washed flat earth fossil

Had a right go at me following my first post on PFM with thoughts on the LP12.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Daniel Quinn

Agree re Bob McC , also he is also quick to resort to ad homien and expresses his silly opinions in a dogmatic rhetorical way usually less than 15 words . Does not engage in debate just dogmatic assertions , he as nothing of interest to say .

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

According to Bob McC I am deaf! Very strong abrupt views about anyone joining PFM who is not flat earth.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc