Fora Personalities whose advise is best avoided

All general audio posts go here.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fora Personalities whose advise is best avoided

Unread post by antonio66 »

Lindsayt wrote:I wrote the Letter of the Month in the last edition of Popular Hi-fi magazine. :whistle:
I guess that must make you an old codger as well. :lol:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

3 more worthy entries ; ;)

Pinky- The man who spent all his time moaning about the French whilst trying to emigrate to France was for a short while the accountant of Pink Triangle prior to it becoming Bankrupt. Pinky should be avoided at all costs. All of pinkies advise is hearsay based upon his conversations with other people .Unfortunately he is not particular good at communicating what he has been told. Self -appointed electrical safety expert , laughably all his advice is premised upon the assumption that the users of hifi are morons and will within hours of purchase be poking a metal rods inside their equipment with a firework strapped to their arse . Oh yes and in case you didn’t know he is a friend of Arthurs.

Flatpopley , also known as flatpooppy . Flat earth member of the terrible Yorkshire triumvirate who think they reside in audio “paradise” . More of a follower than a leader , his audio advise is tainted by the fact for years he advocated the superiority of Naim amplification only to have a damascian conversion at the hands of fairly mundane JVC integrated amplifier . Additionally he still listens to the fruitbox in a listening room so small his speakers are practically headphones. Said speakers are sympathetically modified Linn Saras? if you are wondering what the bloody hell a sympathetic modification is on a speaker as opposed to a period building then you will need to ask ywanker .

Singularity- aka Andrew, left h/s in a huff as we couldn’t all get along , now found offering his advice – in between period of sulking cause the world is cruel and we can’t all get along – on TAS. Singularity is the Walter Mitty of hifi fora , gives the impression of being experienced box swapper having heard loads of equipment , but nothing he actually says convinces me he as ever actually heard the equipment he speaks off . I am pretty sure Singularity resides in the matrix
These users thanked the author Daniel Quinn for the post:
Lindsayt (Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:36 am)

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Daniel Quinn wrote: RFC : Best avoided , lacks and open mind and charges 4.5k for speakers with generic driver costing less than £200 Possess an overwhelming desire to be a respected member of the mainstream audio community and accordingly there is a 100% correlation between his opinions on hifi and his commercial interests. Talks a load of cut and paste theory he doesn’t really understand .c f- any comment on crossovers.
Is RFC known as PAC1 on pfm?

Ref, post #13 http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/show ... p?t=197290

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Yes lindsay good point.

Lindsayt
Nauru

On the basis of his input to that High End Audio thread on pfm, your description of him is correct. He does lack an open mind.

The total retail price including VAT for a stereo set of the Scanspeak drivers in his £2800 Raptor model is £520.

Given a choice between high efficiency SET friendly speakers and the ported 2 way monkey coffins shown on the RFC website, I know which I'd rather use.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Its the "I am one of you" and not a slurping rip-off merchant that irritates me. MCRU and others tried that.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Alex Colburn must be added to the list for his review of the Linn Klimax DSM Mk3 streamer posted on the new Wigwam. Complete bollocks.

It would still be a rip off if a 0 was taken off the price, same as the LP12.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Lindsayt
Nauru

The KDS3 is another Linn Kon - pricing wise.

If the upgrade, which presumably involves replacing the main circuit board, costs £4200, then that means that fresh customers are paying £14,700 for the case and power supply. :twocents-02cents:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Seeing as we have so many fools posting on other hi-fi fora throughout the year, some of whom have been named on this thread, there's no real need for an April Fool. Maybe we should make April 1st the one day of the year when they are given a morning off? :ugeek:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Feck that - I am told on great authority that Marco is really a fat lesbian. :shock: :shock: :shock: :grin: