High Frequency Hearing Loss

All general audio posts go here.
Fretless
Netherlands

Re: High Frequency Hearing Loss

Unread post by Fretless »

My father's recent illness (he is 83) has made me realise a few things and appreciate more that he is still around. So it's back to the old country for a few days to see how he is doing (if they still let me in).

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.......Amen. :pray:

If I manage to reach 70 I'll have had a good innings...... :clap: :dance:

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Think yourself lucky she got to 90. Less than 5% of people get that far, but I suppose as she is your mum.......
Monday saw another trip to the hospital as Mom was having pain issues and her physical capabilities were declining. She could not be at home, that much was clear. Her medical is taken care of through an HMO, and the rules and guidelines of managed care are not very good.

The hospital did not want to admit her because she was medically stable, but her care was a "social" issue. My goal was to get her admitted to a rehabilitation facility, which the doctor, the discharge planner, and myself were are able to successfully advocate for with the insurance company.

On Monday night I checked her into a rehabilitation facility, It seems to be a good place, well staffed, good therapists, the nurses aides are nice enough, food is decent. She will be there at least 10 days, depending on how she progresses in her rehab. I have been up there every day, and scrambling to take care of other stuff. So I might be a bit scarce here, and not much of anything audio to focus on.

Yes Mom is 90, and that has been a long life. She has a strong heart, doesn't take any medication, is a bit light as she is 5'4" and weighs 94 lbs. Her mind is still strong, and thinks clearly. If we can get past this she should be have several more good years to be with us. Genetics and diet are on her side.

The Permed One
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by The Permed One »

When my Hearing starts to get a bit iffy i just turn my headphones up & adjust the Tone Controls [Things that cloth ears don't possess]

Jobs a good un.. I would not worry too much cos it's common knowladge that Hi-Fi geeks are deaf as a door post anyway

:lol:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Eggs are bad for your hearing.
According to the research, it's to do with cholesterol and the tiny arteries that lead to the inner ear getting clogged up.