Bloody courier bashed my Quad II!

All general audio posts go here.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bloody courier bashed my Quad II!

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Discount means you give up your insurance claim.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Quad are still making a 'version' of this amp, albeit in a different colour. It *may* be possible to obtain compatible case parts - why not ask them?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

kristeva
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by kristeva »

Andrew wrote:Parcel2go are nowhere near as good as interparcel. You should still be able to claim successfully, but you really have to hound them to actually pay you.

I don't use them now, precisely because of the hassles I've had getting payouts from them, even though the actual courier has settled the claim with them. They also try to wriggle out of processing claims not submitted immediately and IME they make life difficult asking for more evidence than is reasonable.

Interparcel are in a different league and they offer the same range of services at comparable prices. To me it's a no-brainer.

PS. "No-brainer" reminded me of another gripe with P2G. It happens to be a perfect description of their live chat operators!
Andrew, what kind of evidence are they going to be asking for if you don't mind me asking?

kristeva

Unread post by kristeva »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Discount means you give up your insurance claim.
Yeah, as I thought. Thanks.

Andrew

Unread post by Andrew »

It almost certainly does mean that with Patcel2go. Interparcel have twice agreed to reimburse me for partial refunds made because of transit damage. They really are "good eggs" compared with the competition.

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

If you've packed it really well, and yet there is still this considerable damage to the Quad, then the packaging must have been in a obvious damaged condition when it was delivered. How did the recipient sign for it, any comments regarding condition of box?

If it was me I'd apologise and ask him to return it to me,then issue a full refund, and then claim off Interparcel. However If he wants to keep it and just asks for a discount then as has already been said the alarm bells start to sound.

Over the years I've always used Interparcel/UPS Standard Service. Good prices and service, and so far never had one claim, or indeed one delivery that wasn't delivered the following working day.

I am a courier with one of the main players and collect international packages that have been booked through us via both Interparcel and Parcel2Go (as well as other similar 3rd Party Middlemen) and I have had a lot more issues with paperwork etc. with Parcel2Go than anyone else.

I don't work for UPS by the way, but their domestic standard service is second to none in my opinion.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

COURIERS ARE CNUTS........And the worst thing you can possibly do is stick a fragile label on anything......They will only kick it around like a football. :twisted:

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

No we are not.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Some are, Parcelforce and Hermes definitely are, UPS aren't.

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

Having sent a few packages using Parcelforce in the last 6 months I have had no complaints from recipients so no complaints on that score. They have however. on 2 occasions posted the 'we called card' through the door when I have been in and expecting the delivery so listening out for the bell to ring. What's that all about!